Lox's lavvu

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: Lox's lavvu

Post  Stone on Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:50 am

Very aha.. they do at that. In fact I want some now.. however I will have to satisfy myself with chocolate and Carmel covered macadamia nuts.. yes.. they shall do.

Stone
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley on Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:55 am

Such surrogate can never replace Oreos! Mad
Loxley
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:09 pm

No really, you need to try these, they are AMAZING!! The nuts are slightly salted and roasted, the chocolate rich and dark, and the carmel just MELTS in your mouth.. its orgasmic *dies in bliss*
Stone
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:11 pm

My opinion remains the same. Hahaha. Nothing as natural as that could ever hope to reach the awesomeness level of Oreos. Razz
Loxley
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:36 pm

You would be surprised deary!
Stone
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:37 pm

I don't like surprises. Laughing

Ok, I lied. I love surprises. >_>
Loxley
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley on Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:34 pm

Speaking of surprises, I got a happy one today.

My friend in the military, whom I left as reference when I applied, Facebooked me today, and told me she'd received a call from somebody in Boden, asking for references about me. So, at the least it seems I'm still in the game. At best, she did an excellent job at pimping me out and they'll call me in for tests. And at best best, that means I'll ace said tests and get back into the military gig.

I was tired a moment ago and thinking about going to sleep, but now, there's no way in hell I'm gonna get any sleep any time soon. Too damn excited. Hahahaha. Keep wishing me good luck, y'all! Clearly, it's working! Wink
Loxley
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:45 pm

I'd say it's working!! Congrats dude!!
Stone
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:55 pm

It's definitely working. I got a call from the same dude again today. I missed the call because we were at the gym with the unemployment project I'm doing right now, but I called him back about a minute before he got off work, and he told me they want me up there for physical tests and stuff on September 30.

He probably gave the phone strange looks when I asked him to give me a train ticket instead of an airplane ticket (since the military is paying for the trip), because I'm scared of flying, but I told him if they decide to ship us to the 'stan, I'll put that fear aside. I hope he won't hold it against me. Laughing
Loxley
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:23 am

WoW, you really asked for a train ticket instead? That's weird to me on soo many different levels, but mainly I'm jealous. I want to go on a train!!

CONGRATS!!! You got your call *does happy dance* Are you excited? Are you? Are YOU!!? I am. It's a good thing you've been working out the way you have, you'll totally pass their tests.

*hugs*

So what else have you been up to?
Stone
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:32 am

Hahaha, thanks, Amberchan. I am SOOOO excited! cheers

Today, I got a mail from I19, Boden, giving the details about the whole test routine. From the looks of it, they're going to put up two armored rifle platoons (that's basically mechanized infantry for you), and they even sent a list of the people who were being called up for tests. Altogether, there were less than 45 names on that list.

Now, for some military jargon...

A platoon is usually between 20 to 45 soldiers large. Ours when I was in the military was 31, and it was unusually big because we were security people. But, take that into account, and take into account they're setting up not one, but *two* rifle platoons. I've reasoned myself up to the conclusion that those 45 or less that have been called for tests aren't going to compete against each other about the positions. Rather, they're already halfway to be hired, and they're only being called up to make sure they can do the job, physically and mentally. In my theory, at least.

Which means it'll be a smidget easier to be taken on, because I won't be competing with 200 others who are gunning for the same rough 40 positions in the platoons. I'll only have to convince a single Captain and some doctors, that I'm physically and mentally able to do the job. So, if my theory is right, I'm really close to being hired on, now. Let's hope I'm right. Surprised

And in other news, since you asked, Amberchan, I've been working with the Guv on that unemployment project. It's really interesting stuff, though a couple of the people there makes me want to punch them sometimes because they're such whinos. We had PE yesterday, and it was e-x-h-a-u-s-t-i-n-g!!! But that's good, because that means it's working. Wink (Un?)fortunately, though, it looks like I'll miss the trainee/internship they were going to set me up with (with a shot at working on a boat) since I might find work in the military, but it's a welcome problem. Wink

And, for some reason, one of the girls there, after going to a close-by café with another girl and my man Martin, while I stayed behind, decided to bake me muffins tomorrow. I'm not sure if she's hitting on me or not, so I feel a bit guilty about it. If she is, I don't know if I have the heart to tell her I might be moving to the opposite end of the country... Laughing It might just be she made some sort of weird bet with those two other guys, though, so who knows? Razz

Other than that, not much happening in the life and escapades of the Loxmeister. Yet. Cool

Thanks again for wishing me all that good luck, Amberchan. It's really helped me! Wink

Oh, and edit: I found this video on Youtube, from the Boden Regiment's Armoured Rifle Platoons. Basically, what they're doing is what I'll be doing, except for the driving around tanks and combat vehicles. Just for anyone who's interested. Razz
Loxley
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:55 am

You like to taunt me with videos huh? That's cruel. I'll have to wait until I get home..

Your theory sounds good to me, which makes things more awesome! You'll be out living your dream, which is very admireable. Though it sounds like really hard work, but worthwhile! And you'll be on a boat! You can fish!!

Why is she baking you muffins? That could be a CLUE! Somebodys got the hots for Loxely (said in singsong) She's got the hots Razz None of us are surprised of course. You still have your curls right? RIGHT?? Twisted Evil

Ok, neat.

Stone
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:01 am

Haha, actually, no boat. I meant that the project was trying to set me up with an internship on a boat. But instead, I'll be heading into the darkest and coldest damned forests in northern Sweden. Laughing But yea, it'll be hard work, but damn worthwile. I was looking through a couple of pictures from Boden on Facebook. Brings back memories from when I was in the military. Good ones, and bad ones. Laughing And even then, we never had to take a bath in a hole in the ice, like some people in the Swedish military have to during boot camp. Razz

And nah, no curls, haha. But yeah, she might have the hots for me. I can't say I blame her. Cool But, as much as I hate to say it, she's not my type. Embarassed And, there is the small problem of a future relationship, being with my probable moving to a location that is 22 hours north of Scania, by train...and just a few miles shy of the Arctic Circle. Laughing
Loxley
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:07 am

You are going to become a little popsicle!! I bet you are rethinking that viking thing huh? Furs starting to sound good??

Ya, you gotta find a girl just as loose foot and fancy free as you. I can't imagine those would be easy to find.. espeically up in the freezing cold snow. Good thing snows beautiful..
Stone
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone on Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:04 pm

Soo I went home for lunch and I got to watch that vid. So will you be riding tanks and stuff? That was pretty cool to watch them firing, both guns and the canon thingie. LOTS OF SNOW! White camo all the way. Very Happy
Stone
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley on Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:07 pm

Hahaha, yeah, there was lots of shooting. But! It wasn't an actual tank they rode in. Tanks are more heavily armored, and don't have room for soldiers in the butt. This is actually a so-called Combat Vehicle 90, internationally known as an "IFV" or "Infantry Fighting Vehicle". That basically means it's an armored vehicle for troop transport carrying a big gun and several small ones. Though none of them as big as that of a tank. It's still one hell of a badass vehicle, though. Look forward to riding it. Razz

And I'm gonna try and take lots and lots of pictures for y'all when I get up there. Possibly even videos. Videos of me shooting evil Russian target boards for example. Twisted Evil
Loxley
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone on Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:19 pm

Oh Russia, why must you be soo predominately evil? Ya, but wasn't there a picture of a tank? a small one? Am I crazy? I know what you mean about the IFV, not a tank, but still cool Very Happy

Yes pictures!!! I love pictures.. so you better send some.
Stone
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley on Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:08 am

Curses, you might be right. Hahaha. It's supposed to be an armoured regiment, one of three in Sweden, so it only stands to reason they have a couple of real tanks as well, not just IFV's. Laughing I won't be riding any tanks, but I'll be seeing them real up close, that's true. And I'll be riding IFV's, which is badass as hell in itself. Wink

As for Russia, those vodka sponges have been gunning for my poor motherland since the 16th Century. We've already defeated them at least thrice in war. They just won't take a hint. Sigh... It's tough being Scandinavia's most badass nation. Razz

Either way, I promise you I'm gonna take pics. I'm not entirely satisfied with myself and my photo escapades (or rather, extreme lack thereof) during my military service. It's not a mistake I'm going to make twice. There'll be lots of pictures, in other words. Wink
Loxley
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:44 am

Theres something about the phrase "lots of pictures" that I like a WHOOOOOLE lot.

Ya, that was a tank I saw. But only for a second or two, I liked the sound track Very Happy The deepths of Youtube are unfathomable, you can find anything there, truly. Oh wait.. expect you can't find "how to crochet arm warmers.. or at least cute arm warmers. (they are a combination of fingerless gloves and sleeves )

I'm a little jealous you get to blow stuff up, I think that would be way fun. Maybe I'll join my little brother in his hunter safety class.. I'm not sure I'd be a gun fan though, I know I sure as heck can't shoot anything on Halo.
Stone
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:51 pm

Haha, I doubt I'll get to blow anything up, but shooting isfun, 'tis true. And I say you should do that hunter safety class! Wink

On a serious note about this military gig (for once)... I actually find myself having to remind said self from time to time that it is a dangerous job, that quite possibly will see me working in warzones where we (me and my fellow soldiers) might get shot at by bad people - AS WELL as good people, who happen to see us as intruders and invaders in their country, even if we're there to do good. (This speaking of future peacekeeping operations that we might involve ourselves in.)

I'm that excited about the chance of working in the military again that I tend to look at it through pink glasses and forget the above. But, it is a dangerous job, so it won't be all fun and games, and of course it shouldn't be. Mom's worried, and rightly so, and some of my conspiracy theorist friends are giving me strange looks. My old man, whom I haven't seen in ten or twelve years or so, did this back in his days - worked as an officer and went to Yugoslavia as a peacekeeper - and he wasn't "all there" when he came back, or so my mom suspects at least. (They separated somewhere around that time as well...)

In the end, though, I have to do what I think I have to do. You can't please everyone in this world, and you can't always take the safe path in life. All you can do is, your best. That's what I'm going to try to do. Smile
Loxley
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:15 am

*super hugs* Yes, you must do what you feel you need to, though try to be compassionate to those who don't understand only because they want whats best for you. And to some, staying safe is what is best, even if it isn't what's right.

I don't think I need to tell you to me safe Twisted Evil But I try to stay off potentially gloomy topics.

Sooo being so far up north, do you think you'll actually run into a polar bear? Take pictures if you do.
Stone
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley on Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:03 am

Haha, you're right in what you say. I understand that my mom is worried. But I can't let that keep me from doing what I'm going to do. ANd nope, you don't have to tell me. Besides, you know me. I'm way too stubborn to die. Razz

I didn't realize you wanted a picture of a polar bear. If I had known, I could've gotten one for you anytime! I run into them all the time when I head to town every day! I even have to fight them off by the dozens when I go to the bus! Shocked I'll get you a picture tomorrow, though! Pinky promise! Cool

And on a serious note. Nah, haha. No polar bears whatsoever in Sweden, even in northern Sweden. Laughing If I recall right they tend to hang around the North Pole, and possibly Greenland. Though occasionally a stray one or two with zero sense of direction have been known to end up in Sweden, if I'm not entirely mistaken. Wink
Loxley
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:41 am

You mean you've been LYING to me??? Sad Why would you lie about polar bears? I love them soo much! You know that *sob* poor bears. They don't get their cokes..
Stone
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:48 am

Pee bees are evil! So there! Hmph!!! Mad

That's why we Swedes love killing them. Twisted Evil
Loxley
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:43 am

Ok! So, I just wanted to tell y'all, it's only seven days left now until I'm going up to Boden for my physical tests and interview. I'm excited as hell, of course, but I also have these attacks of doubt - like, have I really worked out hard enough? Have I lazed around too much these last few weeks? Have my muscles gone soft? - and that sort of thing. Completely ridiculous, but, yeah, I'm still thinking it from time to time. Laughing

As a matter of fact, though, I'm going to skip our PE class next monday in the unemployment project, because I don't want to strain myself before the physical tests. Instead, monday I'm probably going to do some pushups at home, and some jogging on top of that. After that, I'm not going to work out again until after I get home from Boden. That way I can be certain I'll be at my best when it comes to the tests.

Anyway, I'm gonna take lots of piccies for y'all, so you'll hopefully get a nice picture of what Northern Sweden looks like - I have no idea personally, because honestly, I've never been that far up North...god, I'm so excited!! - and not to mention what BODEN looks like. Surprised I might even do a short video talk for y'all (probably when I'm on the train up there) when I'm going, so look forward to that too. Razz
Loxley
Valued Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum