Rown Oquirrhs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lox's lavvu

4 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Lox's lavvu - Page 9 Empty Re: Lox's lavvu

Post  Loxley Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:41 pm

Sorry for not writing in a while, y'all. Been busy with internship as a srt of janitor/building administrator thingie.

Anyways, besides that, I've been called to Stockholm for tests with the Army's Life Guard Regiment (meaning; "mechanized infantry"). I also applied to the second boot camp training of next year, similar to the one I was at the recruitment office for, so we'll see if I'm called for tests there as well, though that'll be in january, so by then I'll already know if I'm accepted to Stockholm or TrängR in Skövde (the other boot camp training thingie I applied to).

Right now, I'm hoping for TrängR, Skövde, because I don't feel like moving to our beloved capital. Too damn hard to get an apartment there. Wink

Oh, and I watched Blackadder, the entire series, these last few days. Today I watched the last episode of Blackadder Goes Forth. It was so sad. My heart wrenches every time I think about the last six or so minutes of the last episode. Crying or Very sad I don't think any comedy series or movie have ever affected me that way before. Rowan Atkinson really is a genius.

Well, that's all I have for now. I should know sometime around the 15th of december if I'm accepted to Skövde, and around New Year if I'm accepted to Stockholm. Until then, all I can do is do my thingie at the internship. Razz
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:33 am

Today I'm off to Stockholm for the entry trials to the Army's Life Guard Regiment. Wish me luck, y'all. Razz
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:34 am

GOOD LUCK!! I'll have all my fingers crossed for you!!

And when you return we need to gang up on Cindy until she watches BlackAdder, she doesn't believe me about its awesomeness, maybe she'll believe both of us??

GOOD LUCK AGAIN!!
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:04 pm

Thanks! I really needed that. As a result, I outdid myself on the physicals. And, since we (me and others) had already been in Boden, we didn't have to go through the medical tests and pee-in-a-cup bullshit again. Razz The interview went, eeh, I dunnow really. I was crazy hungry because I had only eaten a sandwich for breakfast, but I think I did alright. Laughing Now I'll have to wait two weeks or so before I get any answer from the Life Guard Regiment. Hopefully it'll be a "Hey, dude, wanna work with us?". Wink

Thanks again for the GL, Amberchan. I think it helped me a lot! cheers

Edit to add: God, I must be tired. YES, we should definitely gang up on Cindy Sue. Blackadder rocks!!! Razz
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:51 am

I think we could safely say you are tired. With good reason!! Way to go!!

I still think it's amazing what you have to go through get into the military. Here you just have to be 19 pass your test (or not.. I'm suspicious of one of my friends) and you're in!!

Still, this way you make sure you have people who really want to be in, not people who it's their last choice and they don't really care.

What kinda sandwich?
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:55 am

Thanks again, Amberchan. Surprised

The sandwich was a really dark whole-grain sandwich with only butter on it. Way blegh, but, eeh, I wasn't hungry at the time. Laughing

And yeah, I guess we can't really compare a smaller nation's military with yours. Ours aim for quality with what little we have, since we can't afford our 900 000 man "invasion defense" (against the Soviet Union) anymore, being that we don't have the excuse of the Soviets invading, to blame it on either. So, we make sure we get the most suitable people to join.

Whereas, the US have incredible resources, and don't have to limit their military force like we do, for better and for worse. Laughing
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:13 am

So very true. I'll come invade if you'd like. I have no real weapons, but lone wolves are best anyway right? You'll never see me coming Twisted Evil bwahahahahha...

Ok, that isn't a sandwich. That's toast. And no wonder you were hungry, silly boy. I may eat Toaster Struddle in full knowledge that it is in fact, not really a breakfast item, but it's filling and gives me a good sugar rush to keep me awake until lunch!!
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:07 pm

Haha, well, next time I'll make sure to eat a more solid breakfast. Laughing

Just stopping by to let y'all know I'm still alive. Razz

No reply from the Army yet. This or next week, I'm thinking, their reply will come. I've also applied to another regiment, an armoured regiment here in Scania, this weekend, to a reconnaissance platoon. It's one step below rangers, and two steps below special forces, in toughness, or so they say, so it'll be tough as hell. But, probably also fun, if they give me a chance. But I'm hoping for Stockholm for now. If I later get the chance to work with the reconnaissance platoon instead, even if I'm already employed in Stockholm, I'll probably take the job. But, eeh, we'll see what happens. Wink

That's all for now. Lox out!

*Disappears again* Laughing
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:49 am

Hey, no skin off my nose if you aren't here. I don't pay the rent. I do get lonely though, so I wonder in and out of houses, turning on things, boosting up the heater.. you know normal stuff.

That reconnaissance platoon sounds like fun. Hope you get that if you don't get the one you want.

Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:23 am

So, I'm back to give a short report, again! Very Happy

I was on a date with a very pretty girl today. 'Twas excellently fun. We went to bookstores mostly, and bought Christmas presents to our families. Christmas shopping FTW, and even better when done with a pretty girl in company. Wink

And then I stopped by the liquor store and bought my first bottle of whisky ever, a Johnnie Walker Red Label. Which I shall open today, in celebration not only of the fun date, but also of the fact - that I've been accepted for basic training with the military, at the Träng Regiment (Trängregementet) in Skövde. Ground combat squad leader will be what I shall be trained to become! Thanks for all the good lucks, y'all! I've finally put it to good use! cheers
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:36 am

Woot Woot!
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:36 am

OH LOX Hurray! I knew you could do it!! *HUGS*

Congrats on getting accepted into the military too Wink

JUST Kidding, well kinda. I'm very exicted that you got it, you've worked soo hard, you deserve it!! So what now? Do you have to move? Will you still be able to get on and tell us you aren't dead? You better celebrate babe Party like there aint no tomorrow Very Happy

cheers cheers cheers
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:40 am

Hahaha, thanks, Amberchan. You rock! Laughing

Well, what happens now is, basically, I'll go through boot camp all over again, which sucks a bit with the yelling officers and all, but oh well. Then, I'll hopefully get a chance at working in the regiment after the three months are up. Alternatively, I'll apply for a job in another regiment down here in Scania. But we'll see about that one later. First thing's first is to do my best in the boot camp phase. Razz

Also, I don't have to actually "move" to Skövde yet, since I'll be living on the base. After that, though, I might have to move there if I get a job with the regiment. I'll let you know if that's good or bad when I actually see the town. Wink I've never actually been to Skövde, truth be told. Laughing

And I will definitely be able to let you know I'm still alive, haha. Though I can't promise I will be able to with overly regularity if they ship me off to Afghanistan. Laughing
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:33 am

I just realized I haven't been overly active here lately. Facebook and my blog have been my main method of conveying my plans. But, I figured I'd drop a line here too. I'm leaving for bootcamp tomorrow, and on monday, the Hell starts. Wink I'm excited, and eager to get started. If you want the juicy details, go and read my blog, but in short, it's the first step I've taken in a long time, to shape my life like I want it to be. So it's a pretty big thing.

Today I'm celebrating my last day (not counting tomorrow as it's a travel day) as a free man. The next three months I'll spend in the mud and snow freezing my ass off to the tunes of yelling officers. So, today I'm celebrating with an awesome looking adventure movie, chili nuts, more chili nuts, and a glass of Johnnie Walker Red Label. Cool

I'll be sure to put up some cool photos on my blog in the future, from bootcamp. If possible, I'll also copy-and-past my blog posts (unless they're too long) with pictures, here. Anyway, we'll see, but one thing's for certain, I won't drop out of contact with y'all, and you'll hear aaaaall about my military escapades one way or another. Razz

Well, that's all I've got for now. Catch y'all on the flipside! Wink
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum