Rown Oquirrhs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lox's lavvu

4 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Lox's lavvu - Page 2 Empty Re: Lox's lavvu

Post  Loxley Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Well, if we go with the first half I'll be stuck under water, now, won't I? Razz
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:03 pm

Yup, the second half isn't as bad, but you still get ... hurt.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:04 pm

Bah. A wee bit of water has never hurt anyone. >_>
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:09 pm

Nah, drowning isn't deadly...
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:10 pm

Only if you're a sissy. Big Boss would never die by drowning. Cool
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:11 pm

Big Boss maybe, but you are only human? Whose Big Boss?
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:33 pm

Wha- you don't know? Shocked

Who's Big Boss, she asks? Shocked

He's only, like the Greatest Soldier of the 20th Century!!! Shocked

*Pissed off rant warning*

In other news. My mom pissed me off today. We were having a discussion earlier today about terrorism, and for some reason she felt it was necessary for the government to literally PISS on her liberty to "protect her" from terrorists. Later on, she calls on me, telling me there's a movie I should see. And when I get to the TV, she says, "Look at this movie and see what terrorists can do". Maybe I'm overreacting, but I got so pissed I told her she should be more concerned about what rogue governments can do, and then slammed my door shut.

I hate this fucked up mode of thinking that is infecting this world like a cancer these days, the idea that we have to let the government take every little tiny bit of freedom and civil liberties we have from us to protect us, those very liberties that our ancestors fought, bled, and died for. Particularly so in the US, but elsewhere as well. This thinking...it reeks of fear and it truly is pathetic. There is no other word for it than that.

And people who think like that makes me want to throw up.

Sometimes I think it is impossible for humanity to think on their own. Spook them a little, and they'll do anything you want. Ugh. It's not strange Hitler and Stalin managed to cowtow all of Europe. Rolling Eyes
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:04 pm

You know too many big words.

No I do not know who he is, but thank you for telling me.

I'm sorry your still having issues with your mom. To be fair though, it is a big scary world out there, and people just want to feel safe, and that they are being taken care of. Its terrifying knowing that isn't the case, and worse, theres nothing you can really do about it. Thats why I try to pretend the government doesn't exist. Or at least not follow whats happening. When I do I begin to worry and get depressed and start planning my new life under the sea.

I'm not on your moms side, though I am trying to help you maybe see it in a different way. If I've said something outta line let me know, Loxi-chan.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:23 am

Nah, don't worry.

What pissed me off most was her attempt to somehow scare me up so that I'd be as afraid of terrorists as she for some reason is.

No matter. I'm letting it go for now. >_>
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:41 pm

Good idea dear.

How does the harmonica come?
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:01 am

Pretty good. It's easy to get the hang of it again when you try. Very Happy

Sorry for my lack of presence, guys. I've got lots of stuff to do here, and most of it is related to physical exercises.

I realized today that the Swedish Defense Forces are openly recruiting to their units, as we're currently in the process of transforming from a draft army to a professional one. There are three units of interest to me; the Amphibious Corps, sort of like the US Marine Corps, a light mechanized infantry unit, and one on-board a ship as sailor. I'm going to apply to all three, but I'm hoping for the one in the Amphibious Corps of course, even though it will no doubt be the toughest one as well. Anyways, the applications are due between a tenday and a month away, so it's not much time for me to work with.

So, to get in shape extremely fast, I'm going to take on a pretty harsh exercise schedule from now on. I'm going to be running at least four days a week - two days a shorter run, and two days a 10 km run. I will also be working out on various muscle groups each day. Running in the mornings, and workout in the evenings. Hopefully, this will allow me to get some serious cardio. The muscles aren't lacking too much anymore, but I still can use more of that as well. But the serious issue is the cardio.

Hopefully, this will get me in shape before they call me in for physical tests, which will probably start around next month. As you can all imagine, the Amphibious Corps will be the most physically straining of the three, and I will definitely need every bit of cardio I can muster there. So, wish me some serious luck on that one, folks.

Also, any tips on how to gain cardio/stamina faster, is very much appreciated. Wink

I would've done this sooner, but I didn't realize they were recruiting until now, my idiot. Even so, I've got good hopes I might manage the physical tests already - moreso if I still have a month before it's time for said tests. If Rocky could do it, so can I, ne? Razz
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:20 am

WoW Lox, thats amazing. I thought it was something like that, or that you got abducted by aliens. I was hoping for the first though. Wink

I'm really impressed that you've done so much, working out isn't fun, or easy. Definitely not easy.

*throws a bunch of luck at you* There you go, that should do it! *hug* Go get 'em Tiger!
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:42 am

Thanks, Amberchan. Very Happy

Even if I've done much muscle-wise, though, I'm ashamed to say I've still not done very much cardio-wise. There's a lot of work to be done there. Crying or Very sad But, much of it is in the head, I guess, so I feel fairly certain I can manage before they start the physical tests.
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:50 am

Thats the spirit, positive thoughts my dear, POSITIVE!! Very Happy

Is cardio harder then muscle?
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:54 am

YYeah. Muscle is one thing, but the only thing getting tired when you are reaching your limit there, is just that - the muscles. Cardio, on the other hand...when you jog until you reach your limit, your whole body gets tired, and your head doesn't get enough oxygen, you start to see the bright spots jump in front of your eyes, and in walks a blistering headache. Laughing

There's really only one cure, though - to jog even more. Wink
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  R.K. Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:34 pm

If you want to work on Cardio then biking and running are some of your best options. You ought to try doing it twice a day and just switching which things you do. Good luck though!
R.K.
R.K.
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:37 pm

Thanks. I definitely need the good luck. Wink

But - twice a day? That's a LOT of running. Shocked I don't mind doing that, of course, as long as it doesn't kill my body in the process. I can't really afford any strains and stuff. Laughing

I'm actually filling in the application forms as I write this. One month. Can I do a Rocky? God willing, I shall at the very least try. Twice a day it is, then. Cool
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:39 pm

Oh hey, oh hey, oh hey!!! I have actual advise.

Why don't you swim? Same work out, and you wont blow out your knee!! Have I told you this already? It feels like I have..
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:41 pm

Oh, yes! I should totally do that! I need to work on my swimming skills anyway!

If I do, I can swim in the mornings, and then run in the afternoons. That's an awesome idea!

Thanks for the tip, Amberchan. Wink

Edit: Thinking about it, though, it'll probably have to wait until the end of the month due to munny issues. >_<
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:46 pm

\o/ I helped!! I'm glad. And besides, you want to show off your stuff in your swimming suit, you know you do.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:52 pm

Haha, actually, my swimming is so bad that if I actually get the money to start swimming, I'll be doing it early in the mornings, methinks. Wink
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:59 pm

Welll... pretty girls can swim in the early mornings too.. maybe. Keep up that positive thinking my dear!

Wait, you can't swim? And you want to go onto a ship? That's not going to mesh well baby cakes. I'll send you a Bonta-Kun flotation device, da?
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:00 pm

Hahaha, no, I can swim, trust me. But not for more than, meh, fifty to a hundred meters tops. Wink

That, and I haven't done it in a couple of years. Razz
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:14 pm

Swimming is fun! I can float really well Very Happy It's also fun. (alrighty, I can really swim but floating is more fun) I don't know my meters, but that sounds like a lot.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:15 pm

Hahaha, well, it isn't, really. Kids in school are supposed to be able to swim 200 meters, or so I hear. Laughing
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum