Rown Oquirrhs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lox's lavvu

4 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Lox's lavvu - Page 3 Empty Re: Lox's lavvu

Post  Stone Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:20 pm

Ok, math time.. I think there are like 3ish feet to ever meter.. soo 600ish feet, ya thats a lot. I don't think I could do that either.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:10 am

Haha, well, it's amazing what you can do with the threat of a drowning death looming over you. Razz
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  R.K. Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:43 am

Don't worry, 200 meters isn't as long as it seems. In the normal lap pool, its just there and back twice. I do agree that swimming is the easiest and more fun, it always just seems harder to find a pool to use.
R.K.
R.K.
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:50 am

Ya, strapping on your running shoes and heading out the door is a lot easier then finding a pool to swim in. Cheaper too.

But if you have bad knees, or don't want to get bad knees, swimmings probably best. Oh well Very Happy

I forgot Jillie-B, you were on the swim team weren't you?
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:52 am

Well, it's true, swimming would probably be the best. But I can't get started with it yet due to lack of funds. Comes with being unemployed, I s'pose. So I'll have to rely on my superior badassedness and natural resilience to survive any possible damages. I doubt I'll have any problems. Cool
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:00 pm

Oh Loxey-chan, guess whose writing a FMP Fic? And lucky you, it's not slash. Twisted Evil
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:28 pm

Not slash? Poo, that's boring. T_T

Even so, can't wait to read it. Wink

I've spent the whole day today doing two things...well, three, actually; running, eating, and working on my application letter for the military. It started out a grotesquely rough thing, and now, it's...well, something of a propaganda piece I guess, but still! I'm going to send it in today or tomorrow. Last application day is sunday, so there's a little more time to look it over and tighten it up a bit more. Razz
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:59 pm

You still haven't guessed who.

That said.. I'll throw in some KanameXTessa love at the end for you, da? Ok no, *shivers* ewww.. gross. My fic, my rules.

Will they be ok with a propaganda piece? Is that what they are looking for? Anyway I'm sure you wrote it very well. Your good at this thing, with the typing and words.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:02 pm

How about some Mao/Kaname love? Rawrrr!!! Cool

Well, I guess we'll find out if it does the trick. I'm hoping so. I kind of like the idea of being back in the military. Even if it's at the Psychological Warfare section. Razz
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:42 pm

Ok. Everything including grades and stuff is written up, named in the proper military language, and ready to be sent. And now I'm having "click-send"-anxiety. Hahahaha. Razz

I should probably go over it all one more time....

>_>

<_<

Edit to add: And its away. One down, two to go. Wish me luck, folks. Razz
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:00 pm

Good luck bud!

KanameXMao, huh? If your good, we'll see.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:42 am

I take that as a "Hell yeah, CAN DO!". What a Face

So, I've not run twice a day. BUT, I *have* run once a day, which feels enough for now. I'm noticing slight improvement, which is awesome. If I keep this up I should be able to get a decent stamina before they start calling people in for interviews and physical tests. Razz

I've not yet started working on the application for the 4th Sea Warfare flotilla, though. 'Cuz... I'm lazy? Nah, more like tired from the overwork I put into this application. silent
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:17 am

So, today I got Cowboy Cookies sent to me straight from the States. They were very delicious. I think I could get addicted to them.

I love my life. Razz
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:10 am

Cowboy cookies? I've never heard of those. Whats in 'em??

I still think running once a day is awesome. I only dream of doing that, I'm lucky if I run once a week.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:59 am

I don't rightly know what's in them, but they're cookies with chocolate chips in. Surprised

And, well, maybe I just have a better incentive in the running thing. Razz Once a week isn't too shabby either, really. Wink

In other news... I need a haircut. But all the hairdressers are super expensive. Sigh. I should just get a hair trimmer and cut it all off. Twisted Evil
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:04 pm

Um.. no. Evil or Very Mad

On the up side, that means your curls are back huh? You can shoot for that ponytail again.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:56 pm

Haha, they're back with a vengeance. Wink

The thing is, though, if I get called to an interview in regard to the military gig...can you imagine me sitting there in front of a lieutenant or captain, with a ponytail, and then get the job? I foresee trouble with that. Hahahaha. Razz
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:42 am

Good, point. Pity. Wink
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:25 pm

Well, maybe I won't cut my hair just yet. Maybe, if I can make it look clean and well-kept without having to cut it, I'll let it stay over the summer. But if not, I got to find myself a hair dresser. Razz
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:38 pm

Sounds like a fair deal to me. Not that I really have a say in it Very Happy So hows my boy? You've been a might MIA, nothing wrong I hope.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:20 am

No, just been busy. Sorry. Sad

Actually, I've spent the last few days either playing an old Xbox game that I got unwillingly addicted to again, or working on my applicaton letters. I applied to the Navy yesterday as a sailor, and today I'm working on the application for the Amphibious Corps. I found something else I wanted to apply to too, namely as a small boat pilot of the kind that transports naval special forces. BUT, I still can't run 10 km, so I fail on that, and shall not apply. >_<

Besides, I'm hoping - and according to the Law of Attraction doctrine, by "hoping" I mean "I will", get the job with the Amphibious Corps or the one with the light mechanized infantry unit. So no worries. Those two will be more fun anyway than the boat pilot gig.

And the 2. Amphibious Battalion, the one I'm applying to, by the way, will, incidentally, be sent to Afghanistan to help out in 2011. So naturally, that's my favorite choice. Razz

And between working on the application letters and working out as much as I can, I'm struggling with keeping up to date with my Internet communications. So I'm afraid to say, I might just drop out again for a while yet before I can get back here with full-time activity. It should get better once I've sent the last application letter off, at least. Wink
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:23 am

Well I guess those are good excuses Wink Glad everything is going well bud. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Just drop in sometime and tell us you're alive.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:17 am

Just thought I'd give y'all a small update on what goes on in the adventure that is the Lox' life.

I got a phone call yesterday, from the school I worked at a few summers ago. I've been dropping in there once in a while, on and off from time to time ever since, because they're friends of mine despite the huge gap in age. Razz And yesterday they called me and asked if I could work there for a week or so now in may, starting next monday. Of course, I said, sure! So, at least I have a temporary gig now, which is awesome. Razz

I'm also looking around, of course, for other jobs to pass the summer with.

But I'm really putting my faith and hope to the military. Once again, according to the Law of Attraction doctrine, I'm not only putting my hopes to it - I know I will get that job. Wink

So, being that I'm thus going back into the military, I'm still struggling on with the jogging and working out. My right foot is giving me a bit of a problem, though. It's getting stiff and sore, and I think it might be a result of jogging too much. I'm not slowing down very much because of it, though. At the most I take a day off from the jogging now and then to let it rest up, but every time I do I feel bad about it. Laughing

Ah wells. Jog a bit, jog some more, jog a little more, and then when your legs are heavy as lead, use your arms and keep crawling. Cool
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  R.K. Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:40 am

Way to go on the job! If your foot keeps hurting from jogging, you could try biking every other day or some just to give it a little break in between!
Good luck on the army job!
R.K.
R.K.
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:04 am

Thanks. It feels good getting to work again, if even only for a week. Surprised

And that's a good idea. I'd really love to bike once in a while to give the foot a rest. But I don't really have a bike. Laughing But maybe I can score one cheaply once I've got some munny after the job. That would really be awesome, and ease the tension on my foot a bit. Alternatively, I'll buy a swimming card thingie and do that instead. Either way, it'll work out somehow. What a Face
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum