Rown Oquirrhs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official 1st RP development thread.

4 posters

Go down

The Official 1st RP development thread. Empty The Official 1st RP development thread.

Post  Silvanus Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:44 am

Well this will be put to one of two possible uses.

1. You can all watch me and Lox think about possible rps and bounce ideas (And then come up with some on your own!)

-or-

2. It will be useful later once we've done said idea bouncing and need to prep everyone on it.

So consider this post a placeholder at the moment.

Lovely day though hey?

Kind regards,
-Silv
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

The Official 1st RP development thread. Empty Re: The Official 1st RP development thread.

Post  Loxley Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:10 am

As I said in my PM to Silv, I'm having trouble coming up with anything substantial.

I had a few ideas. The favorite one is just going with a setting, in this case, a cute, pittoresque village in the Scottish Highlands, over a period of time, say a summer, and let the charactrers experience a few adventures and various events there. Maybe squeeze in some folk lore/fantasy with it as well.

That's the only good idea I have so far, though. Razz
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

The Official 1st RP development thread. Empty Re: The Official 1st RP development thread.

Post  Silvanus Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:23 am

This inspires me to suggest a Sherlock Holmes-esque RP.

So perhaps if Lox and I were to develop a small village as he suggested and list of the locals and leave you all clues and such that you'd have to work out and follow up for yourselves if you can discover them all Smile

Of course the official investigators from Scotland Yard and the local constabulary will be happy to provide the obvious clues as well as hints! (Although the effectiveness of those hints may be questionable!)
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:29 am

That sounds like a good idea to me. Let's do the rest of the plotting via PM then. Twisted Evil
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:37 am

Excellent! Twisted Evil
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:39 pm

Hey that sounds like fun guys!! And since Lox hasn't posted our 1x1 I have all the time in the world Very Happy Let me know if you need anything.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:17 pm

I think thats sounds like a lot of fun. I'll help too if you need anything
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:11 pm

If you'd be kind enough to let us know how much uh... violence and well grittiness we can put in and still be okay well that would be nice.
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:32 am

Do you remember Bubbles newsletter entry? That was too much. You can shot people, stab them, slice them and other things, but don't "follow through" don't tell me the severed arm fell to the ground with a squishy bloody thud and he picked it up and threw it at someone... ok.. I gotta go hug my cat for a while..bye.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:41 pm

Okay. We will keep that in mind.
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:56 pm

promise?
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:38 pm

Twisted Evil
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:34 pm

Oh.. dear..
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:34 am

Bonus Points to whoever manages to work in "Release the hounds" in a situation in which it works and still creates mass lulz.
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:51 am

Totally. Or even better, "Cry Havoc and let loose the Dogs of War". Twisted Evil
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:13 pm

Wait, what? pale
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:00 pm

Long time off for this. I will try and get to work on this again. I need something to do in my not-so-abundant spare time. Hope everyone is still somewhat interested.
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:11 pm

I'm interested I'm interested!!! bounce
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:07 am

Interested as well. Though with my Xbox 360 and Mass Effect 2 coming up, my spare time is about as abundant as Silv's. Laughing
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:37 am

Still interested as well!
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:30 pm

Well then, I will get to work on it sometime soon. Smile
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:29 am

I'm gonna spin some ideas around too and see what I can come up with. Then we can pool our ideas and make something out of it. Wink
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:09 am

Anyone interested in an adventure roleplay in the spirit of Syberia? (Though with no real connection to it).

Nothing tangiable yet, but it would probably include; little or no actual violence and fighting, a fictional Europe (and Asia?) based around the world in the beginning of the 20th Century, possibly (debatable) with anthropomorphic characters (humanoid-esque animals) instead of humans, and the whole journey taking place on a fictional railroad/train in an attempt to recreate the romanticism of trains and railroads from back then, possibly even a fictional version of the Orient Express. There might also be magic in it.

If you're interested, let me know.

Two questions also;

1. Anthropomorphic, or human? I like both ideas equally much, but, anthro puts even more of a fantasy/children's tale/almost fable-esque twist on it.

And 2. Do we want magic in the story or not?

Let me know! Wink
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum