Rown Oquirrhs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel challenge.

2 posters

Go down

Duel challenge. Empty Duel challenge.

Post  Silvanus Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:57 pm

I hereby issue a challenge to any willing participants. I will write a short duel piece against you in the format of your choosing, to be submitted to an impartial judge who will post them anonymously for voting by the forum.

The "Rules" are thus.
-Any topic you like.
-Any genre you like.
-Any word limit you like.

I'm willing to accept as many takers as are interested. So come on and challenge me!
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Duel challenge. Empty Re: Duel challenge.

Post  CindySue Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:09 pm

I'll challenge you! But you've got to name the stakes.
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:56 pm

Loser posts a horribly embarrassing photo of themselves? Although, I'm not too sure what constitutes horribly embarrassing these days.. Let me think about it.
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:16 pm

Oh man. Can it be a horribly ugly photo because I have a few of those. I'm lucky enough not to have cameras around when I'm having an embarrassing moment. Ugly moments attract cameras like flies!
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:12 pm

hmm.. maybe. I'm still thinking. Very Happy
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:37 pm

Alright so I came up with something kind of out of the blue, kinda not. Tell me what you think. I know there are some typos and a lot of grammatical errors. Please forgive those I tried to write it all down before I forgot.

Earth has found a way to dispose od their excess garbage. The astronauts at NASA have found a small planet near mars with the same gravitional pull as earth. They have explored the planet for two years and have found no signs of life. All it has is dirt with a tendency for dust storms. Unfortunatly it is not agreeable to sustain human life, it is a perfect place to dump our waste.
The men running the Space Dump project have done an excellent job organizing the refuse. Battieries over here refrigorators over there etc.
We all know there is a lot of junk out there and it needs some where to go. But there are some people who think it was the height of arrogance for us to claim a planet and fill it with garbage.
This is where we enter our story. Among this organized mess there is an entire hemisphere sectioned off for broken and discarded toys. Normally you would over look the toys, but that would be a grave mistake. Toy makers over the years have put technology into their toys. Toys that are loved then broken or forgotten about, but the technology remains.
The toys now have an entire planet full of discarded electrical and mechnical equipment for the smart ones to use. And use they did.
It would be wrong to call this place The Land of Misfit Toys or Toy Land, it is called Genta.
Genta is like any small city you would come across while driving cross country. It is not large and some toys just can't be programmed or are to far gone to fix. But it is a thriving city. It has been 15 yrs sense they started to inhabit Genta. There are shops and stores,homes and neighborhoods.
I told you this is where the story is . People are trying hard to get the Space Dump project canceled. That would mean the end of progression for Genta. It is about the toys fighting to keep their home!
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum