Rown Oquirrhs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

5 posters

Go down

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP Empty HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

Post  Stone Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:14 pm

I'm in charge of my sister Bachlorette party. What do I do??? I was thinking of taking them to a Dueling Piano bar.. is that to lame? I guess we can go clubing.. but She isn't 21 neither is my sister inlaw and I don't know about her friends...

IDEAS!! I need them.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP Empty Re: HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

Post  Silvanus Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:14 pm

Oddly, when my cousin had hers she had just turned 21 and 3/4 of the bridal party were not yet 21. They still went clubbing and all got drunk..

I suppose I can't really help you, I'm not exactly in the loop on what girls do together without men around. I always supposed it was knitting but I guess that's not really true...
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:42 pm

Oh we do, mainly because men don't like us to knit around them. Or at least all the men I"ve knitted around get uncomfortable and leave. *shrugs* I get the TV that way anyway.

I called the club I mentioned and you have to be 21 to enter Sad So that leaves.. the majority of the party out, including the bride. So thats a no. Also Silv and anyone else wanting to give advise, we don't drink so that can't be a central point. *sigh* back to the drawing board.

Oh and Cindy, if you read this. We are scheduling it for the Monday before, so you can come. Soooo feel free to offer suggestions.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  R.K. Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:31 pm

You could always do it as a laundrie (no idea on the spelling) party where each guess gives the bride something for the wedding night. I know at mine, we did the sexy matching game, it could be really cheesy but it could also be fun. You could all dress up though and do each other's hair and make-up and then just go out to dinner? (I know, I am SO exciting HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP Icon_lol )
R.K.
R.K.
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:30 am

Actually the dueling piano bar sounds good if you can get it. I know we have one here about every two months and it has been a big hit!

Other things you can do is go on a shopping spree with the party. Hit a mall altogether and some Wink other stores? If they have one near you. Make up a contest on the oddest lingerie possible, whether it is brought in or a picture from the internet. Then have people use the items to tell a story.

Heck you could have lots of fun just by doing that!

Shadow
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:20 am

I'm going to agree about the dueling piano bar. It does just sound awesome. Otherwise, I'm out of my depth as I said so...
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 am

You must be 21 to enter the piano bar. I was told to get older friends lol. So that is out.

That Lingerie game sounds like fun. I might do something like that.... hmmm.... yes. Jillie, what does the sexy matching game entail? I want that game Mel brought to my party. That was AWESOME!! *falls to floor laughing at memories*
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  R.K. Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:57 am

Its a matching candy bar game. For each match you have a saying and for the answers you get the candy bar. Like "on the wedding night soandso is going to ? Answer Skor or Soandso has some ? receses big cup or butterfinger bb's. Everyone I know likes it but it is more cheesy so you have to decide how your crowd would be.
Know you can't do it but I would love to know what exactly a dueling piano bar is! HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP Icon_redface
R.K.
R.K.
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:07 pm

A dueling piano bar is two piano players on separate keyboards set up in a bar. They get requests and play them on the piano, one after the other. Now if you have a good pair of duelists, they can even go back and forth on songs challenging each other. I have not been to one, but I have heard that it is lots of fun.

Shadow
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:39 pm

Yup, she's right. I can still go (being over 21 and all), I just need to find the time. I just can't take the bride and her friends, which are all under age.

It's called Keys on Main. I've wanted to go FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  R.K. Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:48 pm

Well if I ever make it out there I think we should definately go together! I'll totally want to know how the party goes though!
R.K.
R.K.
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Sun May 02, 2010 1:52 am

Well my dear I talked to you today and it sounds like fun. And me being over 21 can go to the bar, and I would love to go to Keys on Main with you when I come into town! Last time I went to a dueling piano bar was on a crusie ship, it was fun they were very comedic and they played really well.
I completely plan on buying Kimmy all kinds of lingere and stuff. Just to watch her face turn bright red. But shes getting married so she has to get over that.
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum