Rown Oquirrhs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Go down

Post  CindySue Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:11 pm

Alright folks. I want honesty from people who have seen this movie. If you liked it or if you hated it. And give me reasons why. Its your opinion, We won't make fun of you or yell at you for what you thought. But I really would like to know.

Personally I didn't understand the draw. Even the previews were...eh that looks okay. But then it came out and most everyone I talked to who had seen it loved it so much, they said it was amazing! I still didn't want to watch it, even with the great publicity. No reason why, just not my kind of movie.
I went to Utah for my sisters wedding and they were shocked that I hadn't seen the movie yet. My little sister ran out to the redbox and got it for me. We proceeded to watch it. I kept waiting for it to get better. Waiting and waiting. It had some nice moments. The graphics were nice, nothing earth shattering in my opinon, but I loved the color. Then the war and fighting kept going and going. Lord of the Rings was less boring and all it was was fighting! When the ending came it was such a relief, I totally called it though.
So Yes I watched it, I'm not sure what I thought. If shortened I would have liked it better. Nice graphics, nice story. Not amazing. Don't want to watch it again.
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  R.K. Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:53 pm

Okay so I don't think it was as bad as you think it was. I didn't think the fighting went on that long but I was also doing stuff in between. I really did like the graphics though and agree that the color was amazing. I didn't see it till about a month ago and I knew the full story before I saw it which helped the movie flow better. I didn't like a lot about it and don't know if I really feel that the whole story fit together even for a sci-fi. I don't remember it being too long but I don't think I'll ever have the desire to watch it again and definately don't think I'll own it.
R.K.
R.K.
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Bubbles Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:27 am

Avatar is impressive because it draws you into its world like no other film has before, due to the setting, filming style, character roles (note: not necessarily their progression, which is basic, but how they operate within the film to heighten the viewer's sense of involvement), and of course the staggering 3D. I can imagine that if you're watching it actively expecting not to get drawn into the setting then it would lose its appeal somewhat.

The reason why it's so popular is it feeds in to that part of entertainment that one gets from playing video games, the sense of being involved with a world and its characters. That's where this film really hit home; the people who don't play video games and do not expect that kind of sensation from media entertainment watched it and were blown away.

I think it's an outstanding film. The plot doesn't need to be good; Avatar's about the journey and the experience Very Happy
Mr. Bubbles
Mr. Bubbles
Move In

http://alexmasterson.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:15 pm

Thanks Bubbles, I can understand now what the appeal is. I do the same with books. I read, a lot. I get lost in books and fall in love with the characters. A good book can really transform while you read and draw you into that world. I'm glad people can experience that in this movie.
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down