Rown Oquirrhs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The death rant.

2 posters

Go down

The death rant. Empty The death rant.

Post  Stone Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:08 pm

-spoilers for Death Note, Gurren Lagann, and Scrapped Princess -

Just a warning to you all, things might get a little bit scary in here. I'm talking, misspelled words, bad punctuation, and even wrong word usages. Consider yourself warned.

I'm pretty much always watching an anime. Call me addicted, or a nerd, anything you like, I don't really care. I like it. It's very outside of the box, cute, really cute, and fun! It's new and for the most part very unexpected. You can't usually predicted things.. Ok if its your run of the mill harem romance Animes, I will concede to a little prediction. But for the most part its just out of this world FUN!

Moving on.

Basically I will start an anime and watch it to the end before starting another. I have been known to have two going, but only when one isn't available to me at the moment. Ok, I said all that to say this: At the moment I am watching a new Anime (new to me) called Gurren Lagann (trust me the pronunciation on this is killer) and I'm only in it 8 episodes. 8! I can count them on my fingers, and they have already killed off a main character that you like! I mean for REALS!! First off they make him good enough to fall in love with in the first 7 episodes then they dismantle him with a big F-YOU!

Well I say WHAT THE FRIGGIN HECK PEOPLE!!!??? What are you doing killing off your most liked character? Where was your brain when this piece of brilliance took place? Do you not want the show to be liked? Do you want to kill off your audience like you did your character? If so, by all means, murder the poor sap. Shoot him until there isn't a 2" square piece of him left. GEEZ...

And this is not the first time I've come across this little story tactic, gem that it is. Oh no. It can't even compete for second, it's in third place at the moment, but I'm sure there are many others. I hope to high heaven I don't find them.

In second place are the wise guys that thought killing off L, in Death Note was a fine idea. Holy freaking HELL people! Your lead is the antagonist, granted everyone has a love hate relationship with him, he's still horrible and we want him dead! Especially once L goes the way of the Dodo. If you haven't watched Death Note, I HIGHLY advise it. It's very different, very dark, and also very boring after L dies. It's hard to explain who L is. At first he's the antagonist, for a long time, but you love him. Then he switches roles and he's the protagonist, and you love his shaggy little head even more. Then, they kill him. Or at least Light does. I actually boycotted the rest of the anime for a while, I wouldn't believe he was dead. Even though thousands of google searches proved it, time and time again. Finally I let it sink in and watched gladly as Light was torn asunder. BWAHAHAHAHAAA!!!! That said, the show did loose a LOT of its charm after L died, I mean a LOT. It was no longer fun to watch, I did it only to watch vengeance meted out on Ls killer.

Reigning in at first place is Scrapped Princess. I actually sat and cried when it was learned that Fulle was actually dead. It wasn't freaking fair! Granted he was by no means a star character, and barely a supporting one having only been in four episodes. But he still touched you THAT much and made it infinitely harder to carry on once he was gone. He was not a lead like L, or even Kamina (the first guy) so he really shouldn't take first. But I cared more about his passing then the others.

As I write I understand why story tellers do what they do. I think I always have, the fights gone out of me to bash them anymore because I know, even though I don't like to think about it, that I would probably do exactly what they did. If it was for the benefit of the story. Come to think of it, they did a good job. They made you a part of their tale, and that was the point. To entertain you. If they were only out for fame and fortune and popularity, perhaps they should have kept their money makers alive. But what they did was leave a mark, and thats what us writers want to do. Even if fans want to string us up over a pit full of deadly things.

Awe, man. So much for my rant. The warning still holds, I don't even want to go back over it to edit. affraid
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

The death rant. Empty Re: The death rant.

Post  Loxley Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:58 am

I stopped watching after the big bro died in Gurren Lagann. I was like, what the fuck? To hell with you, damn piece of shit anime. >_> A bit of an exaggeration, sure, but you get my point. Wink

Death Note, I haven't seen because it's so dark and depressing, and Scrapped Princess I gave up after a while, not because it was boring, but prolly 'cuz something else caught my interest. Hahaha. Razz

But!! Scrapped Princess was damn good, that of it which I saw at least! And the intro song is kickass. Surprised
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:41 am

Thats what I did!!! I've stopped watching because the big bro died!!! Thats what inspired all of this!!!!! I was soo mad, still am. Not sure if I'll finish it. I just don't know.

Death Note isn't THAT dark. Well, it is at times. But for the most part.. as long as L is around, it's pretty entertaining. With L gone your just going to be lost until N shows up. Then you don't like N for a while, but he grows on you. The best part is the very end BWAHAHAHAHAAAA, its worth it just for that.

You need to finish Scrapped Princess. Like REALLY you do, I'll come to Sweden and kick your butt if you don't. And I agree, it is one of the few that I like sitting through the opening credits for. Music is great!

I just remembered another show that kills off a character, and your sad. But he doesn't die until the very end, so it's like a good death. The bad deaths are the ones that happen in the FIRST FREAKING 8 EPISODES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:44 am

Reminds me of City Hunter. Episode three or four, Ryo Saeba's partner is killed. One of the saddest anime episodes I've ever seen. Sad

(SPOILER) Wink
And another one, a double-episode where Ryo meets his old partner from his days in America, and in the end it turns out his partner is there to kill the Princess that Ryo has been hired to protect, and Ryo has to kill him. Sad Sad Sad
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:51 am

Oh, that is sad!! I hate when they do that too, but it makes for good storys. Poor Ryo, it seems fate doesn't like him much.

Stupid death!
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:33 pm

I'm adding to the rant:

Just finished Blassrieter and I kid you not, they kill off ALLLL but two people and one person isn't fully human anymore so he's kinda dead. Seriously?? SERIOUSLY?? You made me like these people, you even brought back TWO incredibly likable guys, AND THEN YOU KILL THEM AGAIN!!!

Once wasn't enough for you? Was the first time just not tragic ENOUGH?? BAHH!!!!

It's still a good show, but I just ruined it for ya so.. sorry Very Happy
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum