Rown Oquirrhs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who

3 posters

Go down

Doctor Who Empty Doctor Who

Post  Ishway Ingarstay Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:44 pm

...is my latest obsession. I'd seen a few isolated episodes before, but I have recently embarked upon a chronological watching of the "new" series, starting with Season 1 starring Christopher Eccleston. (Don't know much about the old '60s series, don't much care to watch 25 consecutive seasons of a TV show produced more than two decades ago. Especially since I saw an episode in which a tin dog made an appearance, and that thing was annoying as heck.)

Any other fans out there?

No spoilers from Season 3 onward, if you don't mind.

Ishway Ingarstay
Move In

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who Empty Re: Doctor Who

Post  Stone Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:01 am

I know Havoc is a fan, and has subsequently told me not to watch them. So I can't. Unless you make a good case for it.. Havoc has said it's really creepy and scary, and that I'd probably die watching it. (ok I made up the last bit, but I could, you never know.)
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Havoc Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:07 am

Stone wrote:I know Havoc is a fan, and has subsequently told me not to watch them. So I can't. Unless you make a good case for it.. Havoc has said it's really creepy and scary, and that I'd probably die watching it. (ok I made up the last bit, but I could, you never know.)

The old ones aren't as creepy. Very Happy They're more campy and silly (case-in-point, the tin dog named K-9), though there are some scary bits. Think part of it is the whole fact that back then they didn't have a huge budget. I do have a link to a dailymotion account where virtually every past one is. There are some pretty good ones and in all honest, I think the staying power of the series has been the writing. Sometimes it's not great, others it's... Well... Razz Fantastic!

Some of the newer ones though... Well... Like I said to you, Stone (and you will see what I mean when you get to it Star...) Beware the weeping angels!
Havoc
Havoc
Valued Citizen

http://www.createforum.com/lighthouserefug/index.php?mforum=ligh

Back to top Go down

Post  Ishway Ingarstay Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:41 pm

Everyone says "Blink" is really creepy, but so far "The Empty Child" is the only one to actually give me nightmares. On the other hand, pretty much every episode has at least a couple cases of somebody getting cornered and devoured by a zombie/alien/doll/scarecrow/other miscellaneous humanoid thing that really should be inanimate, not to mention all the regular humans who end up possessed or mind-controlled or replaced with doppelgangers. So if that makes it too creepy for your taste, then yeah, I'd stay away.

Ishway Ingarstay
Move In

Back to top Go down

Post  Havoc Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:36 am

*puts on a gas mask and looks around, like a lost child* "Are you my mummy?"

*pulls the gas mask off before he creeps anyone out too badly.* Very Happy That one too gave me one or two nightmares. Not like when I first saw Alien, but still. Come to think of it... Think the guy who wrote Empty Child also wrote Blink...
Havoc
Havoc
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ishway Ingarstay Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:55 pm

Yep, Stephen Moffat. He wrote a bunch more on some later season, I heard. Season 4 or 5 maybe?

Ishway Ingarstay
Move In

Back to top Go down

Post  Havoc Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:39 pm

A quick bit of research has turned up that he is currently the executive producer for series 5!

Wait, this means we should be expecting a lot more nightmare fuel... Ooooh boy... Razz
Havoc
Havoc
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum