Rown Oquirrhs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scott Pilgrim vs the World

2 posters

Go down

Scott Pilgrim vs the World Empty Scott Pilgrim vs the World

Post  Silvanus Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:56 pm

Great movie. Seriously. Went to the midnight showing and it was so awesome I'm going to have to pay and see it again. I'd tell you more about it but I don't want to ruin it. Smile
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Scott Pilgrim vs the World Empty Re: Scott Pilgrim vs the World

Post  Stone Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:05 am

I've never even heard of this. What is it?
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:20 pm

Well pretty much it's about him and how he has to fight his girl's 7 evil exes if he wants to date her. It also incorporates a lot of stuff I wasn't expecting. Seriously, just go watch it. You can thank me later Smile
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:34 am

Convseration about this very movie last night while watching When in Rome and crochetting a killer flower thing:

Girly Friend: He's never going to get away from his Neoplian Dinomite (sp?) stereotype.

Me: I refuse to watch that show, it looks like it'll suck my brain out.

Girly Friend: *laughs* It totally will. Oh my gosh we just watch Scott Pilgrim vs The world, I was visably dumber after I left.

Me: Haven't seen it, but I've heard good things. Was it that bad? Whats it about?

Girly Friend: Picture a Mario Brothers Romance.

Me: *shivers* I can't do that!!!!!!

Both: *Laughs*

So that is what I've heard. Want to clarify?

Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:52 pm

That was a pretty interesting way to describe it. It does have a bigtime gamer connection. But I don't want to give away things about the movie because then you won't properly enjoy the hilarious surprise when it comes up.

I definitely can't imagine anyone putting it on the same plane as Napoleon Dynamite. That movie was absolute crap. I'd set it more along the lines of Monty Python, stupid funny, but at least original and worthwhile. Obviously it doesn't have the same comedic genius of Python, but for what it is, it does an excellent job. It's based on a graphic novel you know!
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:11 am

Big Gamer feel to it huh? Neatish. I will probably end up seeing it, if not in the theaters (maybe dollar theater? Smile then on netflix Very Happy

Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:17 am

I personally will be making a purchase as soon as it comes out on dvd. Because I love it.
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:17 pm

Alrighty, I've seen this now.

And the description still fits, though hardly scratches the surface of what it really entails.

It was good, had really funny parts, very clever writing and special effects. I liked most of it, in fact I would be raving about it to, had it not been for a few things:

1. the EXTREMELY weak chemistry with the "romantic leads" I had NOOOOOOOOOO Idea why the frack he was fighting for her. All I could tell was he was a normal guy, and his little brain was doing all his thinking. Because besides the fact she'd be killer hot without blue hair, she was dry, humorless, and had nothing to offer except for "ya, I have 7 evils X's, want to date me, defeat them."

2. This kinda goes with 1 but is enough to have it's own number. The main actor/hero/whatever. Is HORRIBLE! He also had absolutely NOTHING to offer except a witty(-is) gay roommate!! Why in the world would ANYONE let alone two(three) assumably smart girls want to date him? He stumbles and bumbles, and leans against the doorway like a love drunk twelve year old when trying to express his feelings. Which, shouldn't have been that hard. I don't like this actor, he's been typcasted, and it's annoying!!!!! I actually like the guy who plays Napoleon Dynamite better. Also, and I'm sorry if this is shallow, but he's not attractive in the least!! I mean he can be alright looking when his hair isn't stupid, but with his personality he's just annoying and unlikeable and I can't stand him. I like going to "romance" movies with a hero I can like/attracted to, helps me get into the movie better. This one, I kept thinking over and over in my mind: "And what is my motivation for this?"

I wont be buying this. But I MIGHT watch it again. And I might have to play the video game. ..
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:14 pm

There is no video game <.< It's just heavily influenced. There IS however a graphic novel, which I am planning to acquire.

As for the connection, recall he was dreaming of her? So that's why he wants to date her, since obviously if you dream of someone and have visions of them that implies a fate-drawn connection right? Okay, not really. Yes, the story was lacking in some departments, but really, the movie is awesome.

On a side note, she looks hot WITH the highlights.

And the shallow characters probably have more depth in the graphic novel. Movie adaptions tend to leave that out (see Watchmen).

Yes, the lead is a typecast actor, he can never break mold from his role in Juno. But, I personally found his awkward-humor to be impeccable. He definitely says a few things that I would say in the same situations, although admittedly he is over-the-top.

And thank you for bringing up the witty gay roommate, because so far everyone that I know has agreed with me that Wallace is the best character in the movie. Oh yes.
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:43 am

I would believe you about the: No Video Game, thing except that I... played it on sunday. It's an arcade download for the Xbox 360. Likely it came as an after shock of the movie since the characters look similar, but there IS a video game

Ah Wallace.. yes he is the best. Gay characters always make me laugh.. not sure why.

I think my favorite thing about the WHOLE movie is that, people just carry on like it isn't THAT weird that a man has just flown through building wanting to fight. And in the midst of a brawl their audience is leaving for pizza, not even trying to help or stop them. Despite my rant on the character development (ya movies can't hold a candle to books) I really liked the show.

Why do guys love girls with colored high lights when said girl isn't their girlfriend? But when their girlfriend gets them they are embarrasing? YOU BOYS ARE WEIRD.

Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:03 am

Umm.. I really don't know. I've never had a girlfriend with odd colored highlights. I'm thinking because they call attention to you, and we figure that once you have a guy you don't need to call attention to yourself anymore. Right?
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:12 pm

Usually if a girl has dyed her hair a unnatural color it's to make a statement, and usually that statement is "I'm independant, and can do whatever I feel." From my experience, men don't like that, well.. to a point. If you are with a girl who still has pink hair, that means theres a part of her that is still rebelous and doesn't need you.

On the other hand changing something about herself that you liked once she is with you, would be the equivalant of a woman not wearing make-up anymore because shes married. We still have to look good for our husbands/boyfriends.

Oh the twisted workings of a female mind, how it astounds the world.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:58 pm

Personally prefer a girl to wear little make up. Make up doesn't always make a girl look better, often makes her look worse really.
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:39 am

If your intention was to pierce my heart.. BULLSEYE!!! (million cookies to whoever can name that qoute)

I can't leave my house without make-up on. It's a crunch for me, having it on makes me feel confident, and beautiful, so thats why I wear it. Cosmetics are suppose to enhance your beauty, not detract from it. If a girl looks worse with make up on, then she probably doesn't know how to put it on correctly, and even if she DOES she possibly is putting it on in such a way that is not flattering for her features, or appropriate for the situation. I am a big make-up advocate, so you'll hear me say nothing bad about it.

But thats just how I was brought up, everyone is different you can think what you want. Sorry.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:00 pm

I wasn't saying anything bad about you, and you're entirely right, if a woman knows how to apply makeup then yes it's great. I just think that makeup should ONLY be used to accent natural looks. And sadly most women, it seems, do not know how to properly use makeup. Sad
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:21 am

I know you weren't saying anything bad about me, Very Happy I was just defending make-up wearing women everywhere Very Happy...well, well applied make-up wearing women everywhere.

Razz I actually want to get colored extensions, that way I don't ruin my hair but I can still be rock'in!
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:59 pm

I think that would be pretty awesome! I'll want to see pictures!
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down