Rown Oquirrhs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They call you what?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

They call you what? Empty They call you what?

Post  Stone Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:54 am

I know everyone has a Nickname, so what's yours?? How did you get it??

I'll go first.

I've got the obligitory name shortened nicknames, but I also have:

Feather - In Jr High at a sleep over, I accidently swallowed a feather from a feather pillow.
Bambi - My father gave me the name Ambi-Bambi, it was picked up by the rest of my family and is just Bambi now.
Ambebies - This is my work User name. The first four of my first, and first four of my last name. My boss saw it once and was all.. Ambeebees? And has called me that ever since.

All done, your turn!
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

They call you what? Empty Re: They call you what?

Post  Loxley Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:25 am

Henke - Common short for Henrik in Sweden. Pronounced Heh-n-keh, not Henki. Wink

And Snake, because at the time that I did my military service, I was playing lots of Metal Gear Solid, and when someone asked me what I wanted to be called, I told him, "Snake", and even though I wasn't serious, somehow it caught on. Laughing Though it was more pronounced like "Snejk", in Swedish. Razz

That's all I've got, though. Surprised

Edit to add:

WRONG. I do have one more. It's any variation of; Håkansson, Håkan, Hawkins, Hawkinson. The completely whacko idea was that my friends wanted a nickname for me that made absolutely zero sense. So they decided Håkan/Håkansson (which is a Swedish name and equivalent surname) was a good choice. After a while, they started Americanizing it from time to time, turning it into Hawkins and Hawkinson. Some friends of friends at parties actually believed my name was Håkan. Laughing
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:30 am

I think I like Henki better.. hmmm... Twisted Evil
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:18 am

Ok peeps, I know for a fact that everyone here has NICK NAMES. I will start posting the ones I know if you don't by the end of Friday. And if I make one up, all the better for you!

Starting with R.K. since she's flaunting her Jr. High Nickname around town.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:15 pm

I really don't have any nicknames. :/
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:36 am

Shows how much you know Silv.

Ok peeps, the count down has started.. and because I'll be slightly busy tonight, I'm calling the end of the day 4:30 my time so I can still post while at work Very Happy

You have been warned!!
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:23 pm

Whoa! Thought you dodged a bullet because I suck at keeping the time, huh? Wrong! I remember. I just got distracted.

So If you haven't guessed yet R.K. is a friend of mine from Jr. High, would have been from Elementary but I was stupid. Anyway She we christened R.K or... Road Kill... for her habit of running across the road without a cross walk and when there are cars coming. I know, I know, people do this a lot. But not like R.K. she totally ignores the whole "Look both ways" thing and she just goes! We've saved her butt so many times I've lost count. And to this day she will say "Guys! We're fine, cars have to stop!!" They may have to darling, but sometimes they just can't.

Anyway, she is still alive, and we love her dearly. Though I do worry about Texas traffic.

Ok Next on my list.. Cindy-Sue. I'll have to do her tomorrow, I've run out of time now.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:13 am

She should play dodgeball. Very Happy

"If you can dodge traffic, you can dodge a ball!"
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:48 am

LOL That is soooo true! R.K I think you should try it!

So I totally forgot, I call R.K. Jillie-Bean. We don't actually call her Road Kill, we just hold that name in our hearts.

Again I forgot, Cindy, calls me SillyDuck, or just Duck for short.

Now on to Cindy! Which is in fact one of her nicknames. My family uses pet names like they are going out of style, so Al has about.. a million names, like me, but most of them are a variation of her name (Allysen) Cindy-Sue was given to her by my parents, now however her inlaws for a reason I can't really remember, call her Ally-Sue, which she HATES!!! I think it's cute.

In JR she earned the nickname 'Sprinkle' for snorting (on accident ) sprinkles.. and she had one stuck up her nose for the rest of the day at school.

Now because I'm her twin, I can call her pretty much whatever I want, so she doesn't really have nicknames as much as a bunch of pet names. Which I wont go into because mostly they are just names I come up with on the spot.

Ok, this ends my .. whatever I've been doing. I'm close enough to R.K. and Cindy to divulge tales of them to other people, but I don't think the rest of you like me that much. And besides, I don't know any stories, and I'd feel silly posting fake stuff.

Anyway Thanks! Oh and by the way, I know most of your real names, and yet I will (and do) call you by your internet moniker. So, Silvanus, you do have a nickname Wink
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:12 am

Nicknames that you give yourself just aren't as fun. :/
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:41 am

Ah, darling, you gotta ruin the fun? I understand though, but I like your name Wink I'd give you one, but forced nicknames aren't fun either. My little brother has been asking for one for as long as he's been able to talk. See my oldest brother has a rather.. interesting nickname, and he's jealous that he doesn't have one. We tease him because his name is Nick. So technically he does have a "nick" name lol He doesn't see the humor.

What he doesn't see is that I have many pet names for him, and hardly ever call him by his given name. But since I never use the same one, like when calling my other brother, he doesn't count them. Silly boy.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:45 pm

hmm... You also forgot that I call you peachie. Although there really isn't a reason for it. Very Happy
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:53 pm

I didn't forget Very Happy I was just waiting to see if you'd say anything Very Happy AND YOU DID!! Hurray!! I like being Peachie, because "Peach is a Winner!" lol or so she says on Mario Party (1-a billion)

Man.. now I feel bad.. don't worry, I'll be watching.. Twisted Evil
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  R.K. Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:34 am

Okay so let me just add that I was always safe crossing the road and if you would have just kept up, there would never have been a problem. Besides, I always assume cars are honking because they think I'm absolutely gorgeous, not because I'm in their way!

As for my other nicknames... I got just about anything that goes along with Jill. Jilly, Jillian, Jilly-Bean, Jilly-fish (yeah that was 3rd grade. Still hate that kid Mad ), and babydoll from my mother. She was forced to stop calling me that when I started school as I really had no clue what my real name was and teachers refused to call me "babydoll" in class. Go figure!

Sorry, I like CindySue have been busy but I'll be better Very Happy

And Amber is Peach!! I had forgotten that one too but we can't play Mario Party ever without that fact being stated. I think even Eric knows that!
R.K.
R.K.
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:20 pm

Oh my goodness nicknames. I honestly don't know anyones name I just call them whatever comes out of my mouth first. BabyCakes and Hun come out the most.

I do hate Ally-Sue, I do I do. Only because I love CindySue so much. My mom actually coined that one and still uses it often and it means alot to me. Whats funny is that its actually a nickname of a nickname, the whole thing is Ally Cindy Susan. Where my mom got it I don't know but over the years its been CindySue.

I've been called just about everything from Albert to Amber. Most are pet names, My favorites are Als and Ally.

Amber your name is Duck because you got duck socks once for christmas and some how it just stuck. But you are a Duck, so that works out great! Very Happy
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:14 pm

lol I don't think Silv new about me playing Peach all the time when he started calling me that. It was fate. (See Silv I play Princess Peach on every Mario game that I can, I even mimic her voice when I play her.. it's kinda fun)

\o/ Ally and Jilly have answered too! *dances *

Yes Jill, the cars think you are gorgeous, and I'm just a slow-poke. Silly silly silly.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:47 pm

In all truthfulness Melissa was just as bad about walking into on coming traffic as Jill.
Silv Amber sounds EXACTLY like Princess Peach when she says "Peach is the winner". Its uncanny and very very funny. I personally like to play Toadette or Birdo. have you seen the massive diamond ring she wears, Holy Cow her fiance is loaded. Or she is, whoever bought that ring can be my special friend. Very Happy
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:52 pm

Who the heck is Birdo?
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:56 pm

Shes the pink thing with the huge nose that looks like a tube. Next time you play, pick her. Notice the ring she wears. Shocked its huge
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:28 pm

That is true, i did not know about your addiction to playing as and mimicking Peach. ^^

And I did think up a few.

Andy Mike is what my uncles all call me. (My middle name is Michael)

My cousins all call me Drew (I have a cousin named Andy, and they're too lazy to call me Andrew.)

To some various people on campus I am known as "The Bauer Project" thanks to my friend Dean

And my grandma still calls me Jabberjaw, I would assume that is obvious.

This got me thinking and I realized that I have friends known to me as "Gutchissimo, Maxxwellington, Darling, Ginger, and Shoes"
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:54 pm

\o/ Silv has nicknames! See I told you. I like yours Very Happy Andy Mike.. it works Very Happy

And I am NOT addicted.. I just like it..

Anyway I want to know how your friends got those names, not the Darling.. unless its a boy, I can figure that out Wink
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:15 pm

Well, my friend Travis enjoys talking in an italian accent, so I just started adding -issimo to his last name. Gutche to Gutchissimo.

And then there is Maxx who is one of the kids that I chaperone in youth group and who people enjoyed calling maxi-pad and I felt bad for him so I renamed him Maxxwellington for his own good.

Darling is my friend Alyssa, and she pretty much gave it to herself when she programmed her number into my phone under it.

Ginger is my friend Dean mentioned in my previous post, he's a redhead.

Shoes got his name due to his shiny yellow cleats back when we were on the soccer team.

There is also Skittles, named for his mad skills with a soccerball (Or lack there-of to be honest).

Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:57 pm

I love nicknames! I enjoy calling people by fun little pet names. Whats funny is that when I have a little boy he'll be named after one of my husbands nicknames. Joey is called BoBo by his niece and nephews, and I want to name my son Beau because of it. no Bot, thats just stupid.
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:28 am

Who is Bot???
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  R.K. Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:08 pm

Not your nephew...isn't that what she just explained?
R.K.
R.K.
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum