Rown Oquirrhs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think I have the Headache

3 posters

Go down

I think I have the Headache Empty I think I have the Headache

Post  CindySue Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:42 pm

Oh my oh my. I've been sucked into the world of Georgette Heyer and I don't think I can find my way out. Honestly I love her books. Most of them anyway, some are really quite dreadful, but thats only because I love happy endings and people who aren't annoying. Who names a character Horry anyway?
But alas I've sunk into the world and I find myself wanting to talk like her characters! And of course I can't because everyone would look at me as if I've lost my mind, which I haven't. At present I'm reading Devils Cub, one of my favorites. I despertaly want to marry the Marquis of Vidal. Even if he is a horrible wicked young man. I just finished Spring Muslin, which I haven't read before. I found it charming. Before that it was Powder and Patch. I never thought a Dandy could be so appealing, but Phillip Jettan does it with such manlyness! (I'm also half in love with the Scarlet Pimpernel).
To those of you so inclined to read a historical romance novel I would HIGHLY suggest Georgetter Heyer!
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

I think I have the Headache Empty Re: I think I have the Headache

Post  Stone Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:49 am

You've read Manga and you're concerned about the name Horry? While I agree with you, there are more interesting names.

I can't get into Heyer, I've tried. The weirdest thing is, I've also read some of them and loved 'em. Guess I gotta be in that "mood" I wonder if they are on CD....
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  R.K. Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:07 pm

While I fully agree that you do have to be in that mood, I seem to easily fall into that mood. Just the other day, your sister called to see if I had read one of them and while I obviously didn't call her back (Sorry) I was instantly in the mood to read that same book. I do think that with Heyer its always easier to ask if its a good book before you just jump into it. YOu have to know that you'll love the main characters or I don't feel its worth reading. I mean I love Devil's Cub too but hate the first one, THese Old Shades. I hate the heroine in that book! So keep your eyes open maybe they do make them in cd or something. Have you tried Beauvallet yet though? Its still my favorite!
R.K.
R.K.
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:58 pm

I went to the library specifically to get that one and would you believe it was out? I wouldn't, I was greatly shocked. Amber if you would like to read one of Georgette Heyers thats is just wonderful, read The Grand Sophy, or Devils Cub, I think you would really like Devils Cub. NEVER read A Convenient Marraige. You'll hate the main character with a passion and want to through the book across the room! Thats the one Horry's in. And yes I've read Manga, but those names are japanese so I figure they are supposed to be odd.
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum