Rown Oquirrhs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has it been Ten Years!!

4 posters

Go down

Has it been Ten Years!! Empty Has it been Ten Years!!

Post  CindySue Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:21 pm

As I've said before I'm an avid reader. It started really reading while I was in Jr.High. I began with reading L.J. Smith's Vampire Diaries and from there I read all of her other books. All but one. The Night World Series is supposed to end in the...well end with the world ending in book 10. She only wrote up to book 9. I've waited patiently,and have re-read all of her books (Actually this year I've read Dark Visions for the first time,so I lied) So my waiting has paid off. Strange Fate is coming out on April 26!!!!!
I can hardly stand it!!
I'm a little worried as well. L.J stopped writing for 10 years, she had a lot of personal and family problems happen. But now that shes back she's come back with a BANG. A continuing story to the Vampire Diaries came out last year. The Return:NightFall. I grabbed it and was some what disappointed. The Return:Shadow Souls just came out in March and The Return:Midnight is supposed to come out in July. Along with these new Vampire Diaries books, the WB has a new show, Vampire Diaries! I haven't watched it and I won't. I'm a Vampire Diaries purest and I refuse to watch the garbage and drama that hollywood makes.
I'm a bit disappointed in her but I've loved her for over ten years (11 yrs) so I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt. Plus I've been waiting for the end of the series, and I already own all her books, whats one more? (Yes I've purchased Nightfall and shadow souls, 600 pages anyone? the first four were 300 at the most! Night world was even smaller)
Anyway I'm very excited for it to come out! cheers Exclamation cheers Exclamation cheers Exclamation study
(I'll let you know how NightFall is when I'm done)
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Has it been Ten Years!! Empty Re: Has it been Ten Years!!

Post  R.K. Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:21 pm

And you never told me what you thought of the Dark Vision series! But I am so excited for it to come out as well. I'm glad you never watched the show because it just keeps going from bad to worst to even more worse. Its even confused Elena's heritage not to mention every person you may have liked in the series. Its easier pretending that the show was perfect with the book and ends just the same.

Also, I hadn't even heard of the shadow souls series. How was that and is it something you would recommend or will I be disappointed. Unlike you, I think I prefer to live in ignorance of when authors go downhill. Its just easier for me! Has it been Ten Years!! Icon_rolleyes
R.K.
R.K.
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:25 pm

Well its not bad, it just doesn't really fit with the first four books. Which it really isn't supposed to if you think about it. The first four are Elena and Stefans story. This is a continuation of that seires only from Damon perspective. So it is supposed to be a whole new series, just with the same characters. But NightFall...well you couldn't tell its just from Damons side of things, Elena is Very much apart of it still. It just took a different road then the other books.
Its still good, it just doesn't follow the other books like you think it should. I do suggest reading it, but don't hope for alot of "Yep this is perfect".
I think, and this is just me; I think that L.J is trying to gear it away from Young Adult to Adult and she doesn't quite know how to do that. Does that make sense? All of her books are YA. I think she's just hit a place in her life that keeping her writing YA doesn't interest her anymore, but sense thats what she is, a YA author, shes trying to stay there. Oh well I like it, I'll read it again and I'll read all the ones that come after them. I'm just not in love with them like I was with Vampire Diaries.
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:57 am

Ya, she never captivated me. Good thing you like her though Very Happy You Purist, you.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  ~Ashley~ Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:48 am

Would you believe I just started reading these books. A friend told me about them and had bought three books that have three in each. I have the first two (so the first six) and I've read Secret Vampire and started Daughters of Darkness. I like it so far. I was hoping they would continue on with Poppy's story tho. Maybe she will tho and I just haven't gotten there yet.

~Ashley~
Move In

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:58 am

Yeah she just re-released all of her old books. Well not all of them, she re-released the Vampire Dairies and The Night World sieres. The night world is in groups of three.
I believe the order is
Secret Vampire, Daughters of Darkness, Spellbinder, Dark Angel, The Chosen, Soulmate, Huntress, Black Dawn (My all time favorite) and Witchlight. And Strange Fate makes 10!
From the Secret Vampire to The Chosen she's just setting the stage so you know what the Night World is all about. From Soulmate to Witchlight she introduces the...um main characters for the last book Strange Fate. They're good, some better then others.
Heres her website if you want to read some extra storys she's written. Except that you probably should read Witchlight and Huntress before you read these. You've already read Daughters of darkness so you can read that one. and Brionwy's Lullaby is a story by itself so you can read that one too.
Click Here for L.Jane Smiths web site
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  R.K. Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:11 pm

Yeah, I really did like Poppy's character but I think my favorites are tied with Soulmate and Black Dawn. Their both so good.
R.K.
R.K.
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Sun May 02, 2010 1:30 am

Update, Again it has been pushed back. April 2011 is when Strange Fate is coming out. I'm not commenting. No
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  R.K. Sun May 02, 2010 12:07 pm

Wow, that's awful!!!! Has it been Ten Years!! Icon_sad At least I'm hoping that I'll be able to buy it by the time it comes out now...
R.K.
R.K.
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Wed May 05, 2010 1:00 am

I've realised I'm a patient person when it comes to books. Well not once they come out, when the come out I rush out and buy them. But while I'm waiting for them to be released I'm very patient. Yes...Patient...is that the right word?
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum