Rown Oquirrhs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Altaea Saga: The Thousand Halls

+3
Stone
Loxley
Mr D
7 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Altaea Saga: The Thousand Halls - Page 3 Empty Re: Altaea Saga: The Thousand Halls

Post  Stone Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:07 pm

Plan: Go in the Direction of the Tent, is a go.. or at least I think soo...
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Altaea Saga: The Thousand Halls - Page 3 Empty Re: Altaea Saga: The Thousand Halls

Post  CindySue Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:00 pm

My vote is to go South! Its as good a direction as any, and you'll eventually end up at the Generals tent.
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:38 pm

Well since I'm outvoted here anyways. EAST Very Happy
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:01 am

South! Razz
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr D Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:36 am

You decide that if you are going to find information on Maalouf's wherabouts anywhere it will be from the General. You make your way South with caution until you come to a large tent that towers over the rest. At the entrance stand two soldiers, their postures stiff and alert, their hands resting on the Saif's thrust through their sashes. Another soldier patrols briskly around the perimeter of the clearing.

Creeping around to the rear of the tent you wait patiently, counting the time it takes the guard to make his route. You wait for the patrolling soldier to pass your hiding spot before hurrying silently to the cloth covering of the tent and press your ear against it. The night is quiet and you can hear what is said with relative ease, the sound muffled only slightly by the cloth and the gentle crackle of the fire.

"Increase the patrols by the Sheikh's tent. If he insists on placing himself in the front lines then at least he will be protected. And have the prisoners executed at daybreak. Perhaps that will weaken their resolve. Have you made preparations for the seige engines?" The voice, which you assume to be the General's continues to rattle off orders and questions to one of his subordinates. Armed with your new found knowledge you head East towards the front lines of the encampment.

As you draw closer to the edge of the camp you are forced to move slowly as the amount of soldiers increases and several times you are almost caught by patrolling guards. Finally though you can see the Sheikh's tent, unmistakable in it's grandeur. At the front entrance you see the menacing figures of the Sheikh's personal guards. They are clad in deep red robes over polished steel chest plates and their faces are obscured by silver masks twisted in grotesque expressions of anger. You have heard tales of such men, eunuchs who have been trained in the arts of swordsmanship from a young age and indoctrinated to be utterly loyal to their liege. Two more of the masked bodyguards circle the tent in opposite directions and likely more await you inside.

You pause to consider your next move when a young woman carrying a silver platter passes your hiding spot, mere inches from your face. As she passes you something about her appearance catches you eye. A small band of darkened skin around her ring finger that marks her as one of the Alf Ma'abid sect. It is a secret marking known only to those initiated in the ways of your sect. It dawns on you that this woman is likely the one who informed the order of Maalouf's plans. You watch as she approaches the tent and passes by the masked guards.

Will you:

Wait for the woman to emerge and approach her?
Eliminate the patrolling guards?
Attempt to bribe the guards?
Attempt to sneak in unnoticed?

Mr D
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:49 am

Waitforthewomanandapproachher! That's what I vote for! Surprised
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  R.K. Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:35 am

I agree with Lox. I don't really want to die from the guards!
R.K.
R.K.
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:55 am

Aren't we supposed to be sneaky and get in and out without being noticed? I mean sure find out whats going on if we can by sneaky means, but I thought we were to be as the wind...

I vote sneak. Razz
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:20 pm

Sneak in unnoticed! (I mean if a woman can get in..)

Okay, that was a joke.

I vote for waiting a certain amount of time, if it starts to be too long we need to get moving and try to sneak in!

Also, WHAT UP for my voting east the first time. YEAH
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:24 pm

I over rule Silvs vote due to his sexist comment, and the fact that I am queen queen or farao farao which ever trumps.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr D Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:48 am

(Pretty sure Pharaoh trumps queen because he's a man and- OH SNAP! Razz)

The gentle sound of music carries to you on the wind as you wait in the shadows. You wait for what seems like hours until the woman emerges bearing an empty tray. She bows politely to the guards of the tent as she draws back the heavy flap of the entrance and sashays meekly into the night. You follow her, quietly shadowing her as she winds her way through the camp until, when you are at last certain she is alone you seize her from the shadows. You clasp your hands over the woman's mouth to silence her screams. However, as you lean in to whisper for her to be silent you notice that she shows no surprise or even concern. You cautiously remove your hand from her mouth and release her from your grip.

The woman takes a step back from you and bows her head slightly.

"Greetings, assassin." Her voice is sultry and suggestive, barely rising above a whisper as she speaks. "I know why you have come. I have been waiting for your arrival." She raises her hand in front of her face, revealing the distinctive brand about her ring finger. You were not mistaken it seems.

"Tell me. What are his holiness' orders?"

Will you:

Tell her about your mission?
Give her misleading information?
Tell her nothing, but instead question her for information?

(Sorry, short one for today, but that's how it goes sometimes. Also, I apologise for the hectic update schedule. America is a large place and it often takes me several days to get from one place to another.)

Mr D
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:02 am

Tell her nuthin' but question her for information! No offense, lady, but hey, better safe than sorry. Wink
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:32 am

(Fine, I'm farao and I trump all votes BWAhahahahahahaa... ok kidding.. )

I agree, don't tell her nothing!

(whatcha doing in America? You should really build house so I can vand.. um.. visit.)
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:05 am

Tell her nothing. Absolutely nothing.

(And sorry Amber, you know I was kidding. Very Happy )
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:01 pm

Question her! Do it! Doooooo it. Women are sneaky and not to be trusted! I speak harshly on my own sex, but honestly how many action/spy/adventure, what have you, movies do we have to see to come to the understanding that its the woman who's being sneaky and untrustworthy! Have hot Bond chicks taught us nothing?

(So Amber if you're a pharaoh, does that make me royalty too?)
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:11 pm

(Wait if you can woman bash can I do it too?)
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:05 pm

(I'm not bashing, I'm pointing out a fact.((okay not really a fact, but it happens a lot in movies))
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:48 pm

(there's a difference? <.<)
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:51 pm

(difference between what? Fact and what happens a lot? Yes there is a difference, a BIG difference)silly boy
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:47 am

(No.. I think he has a point. As farao I will solve this problem: You are allowed to bash as long as we are. The queen as spoken!! queen )
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Governor Renton Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:51 am

I'm sorry Stone my dear, but Governor conquers ALL!

Alright Ladies and Gent, shall we move this to the meeting room? You are interrupting Mr Ds presentation. And I for one am interested in him continuing. Thank you.
Governor Renton
Governor Renton
Admin

https://rownsforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr D Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:56 pm

"His Holiness' orders are none of your concern." You state harshly and the woman turns her eyes downwards and bows, uttering an apology. You ask her name and she looks you in the eye as she answers.

"I am Ain Issam, devotes servant of his holiness the prophet Hassan Abass." She states with muted pride. When you question her on her reason for being in Maalouf's employ she replies that she is a spy for the Alf Ma'abid. "Over the years I have become one of his highness the Sheikh's most trusted consorts. As you have seen I am able to visit him in private without being accompanied by a guard as so many others would. Even the general is not afforded such trust."

You ask how you may enter the Sheikh's tent and she shakes her head ruefully. "It will be difficult. The Sheikh maintains a personal bodyguard of six eunuchs, each man loyal unto death. He keeps two of them with him at all times save to sleep and visit his concubines." She explains, her expression grave, etching her handsome face with a deep frown. "He will be asleep by now, so the patrols around his quarters will have tightened."

When you ask about why Maalouf requires such tight security, Ain says simply. "The Sheikh is a powerful man, like all men of power he has many enemies."

You consider this information carefully as Ain stands quietly watching you. You can tell that she is nervous, though for what reason you cannot be certain.

Will you:

Attempt to steal into the Sheikh's tent anyway?
Attempt to eliminate the guards before they can raise the alarm?
Attempt to bribe your way past the guards?
Attempt to fool the guards into allowing you entry to the Sheikh's tent?

Furthermore you must decide what to do with Ain. Will you:

Kill her in order to silence her?
Leave her and attempt your next move?
Interrogate her further? (If so, about what?)
Make a request of her. (If so, what?)

Mr D
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:00 am

After (not so) much consideration, my answer is;

Attempt to eliminate the guards, and make a request of her, namely to cause a distraction while you do your bloody deeds. Twisted Evil
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:46 am

As much as I love blood shed ( Evil or Very Mad ) I think that really is the only way this time. Lox is onto something with asking her to be a distraction. I like it! Twisted Evil
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:07 pm

We will eliminate the necessary amount of guards to ensure our entrance and exit. The woman can either be useful or be dead, her choice.
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum