Rown Oquirrhs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Havoc's Dropship

+3
Silvanus
Stone
Havoc
7 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Havoc's Dropship - Page 2 Empty Re: Havoc's Dropship

Post  Shadow Fri May 07, 2010 1:19 pm

no it doesn't at all. I remember feeling that way about 10 years ago. I didn't have a computer then, but thought my work was da' bomb.... *rolls eyes* Sent some stuff of and of course it was rejected.

But what I learned from it was: Writing requires an active progression to get better. It is something that even people like King and Rowling have to work at. Even now, I bet they still have to look things about grammar up. They still have to go through the same process that they did when they started to write a book.

Hanging out with people who (you believe) are better than you can do a lot to help you with your writing. For one, you can look at their mistakes and avoid it in the future. Another thing is some one might take you under their wing and help you along. Thirdly, you have a cheering section and a few shoulders to cry on when you get rejected.

Not saying that you have to join any of them. Even if you just lurk and learn, it is to your advantage to at least join. And having someone view your work is at times priceless!
Hugs hon

Shadow
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  Havoc Fri May 07, 2010 10:03 pm

Being surrounded by people who are good at the art can work WONDERFULLY in your benefit! Very Happy It's how I got where I am today more or less. The other big thing you have to remember is to never give up on it. Always keep working. Shadow is right. Keep at it and don't give up. Things will improve with time.

As for the character interview... Get him in here! I'll introduce him to some of my characters and we'll all ask him questions...

...And yes, you will prolly have to make him do this, as I'm gonna guess he'll put up a stink about it. You did say that he was an arrogant little... Razz Something or other.
Havoc
Havoc
Valued Citizen

http://www.createforum.com/lighthouserefug/index.php?mforum=ligh

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Fri May 07, 2010 11:27 pm

I'll keep that in mind. Its really intimidating though, but I'll keep it working on it. I do want to get better.
Can you start it? The character interview. I'm not sure how to do it. It'll be a struggle but I'll get him to do it. I'll probably bribe him.
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Havoc Sat May 08, 2010 11:36 pm

Alrighty.

For the interview I will be using an alter so to speak. And will preference questions for it with 'Me:'

For the interview! Very Happy

Me: Welcome! I hope you had a safe trip here. Now then. Please start off by telling me your name and where you come from!
Havoc
Havoc
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Mon May 17, 2010 7:55 pm

((Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I was out of town for a week. But I'm back))

A man swaggered in to the room, completely bored and slightly hostile. He didn't want to be here; in fact this was the last place in the world that he wanted to be. Although CindySue had made him an offer he couldn't refuse, he wasn't going to give in that easily. So here he was and here he'd stay until she delivered. "This had better be quick" He grumbled.
Cindy came in after him
Me: "Be good Vance. We're finally here. I told him if he came I'd put him in a really good story. iF he cooperated and answered the questions, honestly. So Vance, he asked you a question. Be polite and answer him"

Vance turned his body towards the other person in the room, inspecting him from head to toe; wondering what kind of answers this guy expected. Cindy told him only honest answers would help decided what story he would be put into. Honesty was a tool, only something he used when he wanted to get something. He wanted to get into a good story and have an adventure. He rolled his eyes and cleared his throat.

"My name is Vance. Vance Audrick Fabre" Cindy made an hum hum noise, Vance glared "The 3rd. My families French, but I was born and raised in the US." Vance sat back, crossing both feet and arms.

((Was that what I was supposed to do?))
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Havoc Tue May 18, 2010 3:29 pm

(Very Happy Yes ,that's what you're supposed to do.)

Also, open invitation to anyone who wants to have a character show up and talk! More the merrier and more interaction is likely.

Alright Vance. Smile What is your family like?
Havoc
Havoc
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Tue May 18, 2010 5:23 pm

Vance readjusted in his chair, placing his elbows on his knees. He took a deep breath and said in a bored voice: "My mom's not important, My dads not in the picture anymore. I have siblings but who's even sure they're really mine. Blah blah blah. I was raised by my Grandmother, she died seven years ago. I learned everything I know from my Pop, he moved back to France after Bama died." No emotion showed on his face. He had recited this history like it was someone else's and not his own.

Cindy smiled: "Good. He hates it but he's being honest. His mother wasn't very mothering, she worked full time as a curator of a small art studio. His father was a writer which enabled him to work from home. Only he liked his quiet, no intteruptions from anyone including wife and children. He left after he found his wife in bed with an 'artist'. Vance was 10 at the time."

"Thats enough" Vance said with a cold calm. "He doesn't need to know that much, stop talking. Lets go on to the next question."
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Havoc Thu May 20, 2010 11:28 am

Alrighty. What was your grandmother like since she raised you? Also, what can you tell me about the siblings other then blah blah blah?

On a not interview related note, found this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/asia_pacific/10130346.stm

Funny. Very Happy And true it looks like!
Havoc
Havoc
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Thu May 20, 2010 6:44 pm

Vance sat taller in his chair and looked at Cindy
"Whats with this guy?" Turning toward Havoc ((ooc, He's talking to you right?)) "I don't know what kind of information you'll get out of knowing about my siblings. And I'm not going to talk about my grandmother so you can stop right there. And if this is all the line of questioning you have for me, my familiy. Then I'm outta here, I don't care if I ever get into a book."
With that Vance folded his arms cross his chest and glared at Havoc, and then at Cindy, daring either of them to rebuff his outburst.

((if you really do need to know about his family life I'll tell you. I'm not sure if I'm doing this right or not. But if you couldn't tell, he doesn't like talking about them for different reason, some he doesn't even realize why))
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Havoc Fri May 21, 2010 3:22 pm

(That's actually EXACTLY why I asked it. When it comes to characters who are very closed and fight you, sometimes you have to ask the questions they don't want to hear. There are a number of ways we could get him to answer, but right now, I think we shall cut him a little break.)

Me: If you do not answer them now, then we will come back to them, as this is important to know for both Cindy and yourself to know. After all, if you don't know yourself and aren't honest with yourself, then how do you think that will hurt you? So then. What do you do for your hobbies?

(Also, if worse comes to worse, there are other ways of loosening the tongue... I'd rather not use 'em if need be though as they can be rather... Unpleasant shall we say... I'd rather use that as a last resort though, as it is kind of a cheat when it comes to getting to know a character.)
Havoc
Havoc
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Fri May 21, 2010 4:01 pm

*a polite knock on the door before a short woman opens it and steps through. She wears dark sunglasses, the kind that wraps around the head. She is only about 5'1" and seems very slight. She is wearing a professional looking pants suit, boots with heels and has her hair pulled back tightly in a tail. She looks around the room then moves confidently to an empty chair.*

Shadow
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Sat May 22, 2010 4:20 pm

"Hobbies? Like crocheting, making pot holders or builing model ships in bottles? No I don't do anything like that." Vance settled back in his chair, noticing, if briefly, the new woman that came into the room. He fixed Havoc with an "are you stupid" look, "My time is valuable. If I'm not doing something constructive to make money or build an alliance, I'm not doing my job. What good is a ship in a bottle? That requires to much focused attention on one thing." Vance shrugged his shoulders "Any other stupid questoins?"
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Sat May 22, 2010 6:43 pm

*The woman in the sunglasses chuckled* Seems to me someone thinks they are much too important than they are. *She turns toward Vance, sunglasses still over her eyes* Sometimes constructive is answering questions, letting your guard down a bit so that alliances can be made. Money? *she snorts* It depends on if the job is really worth it.

Shadow
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Sun May 23, 2010 11:44 pm

Vance was willing to ignore the other woman when she came in, that was until she spoke. He turned in her direction and meet her eyes, or where he thought she was looking through her sunglasses.

"And what do you know about importance?" He smerks " Answering questions can be constructive. It all depends on whos asking and whos answering. And what is being asked of course. If the answer isn't worth the time it takes to get it, then its not worth asking."

Vance spreads his hands in mock surrender "You seem to know better. Go ahead, ask me something"
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Mon May 24, 2010 6:12 am

*The woman grins, it is a kind of grim feral smile that for most gives them chills* Me? Well I know I am about as significant as a gnat. *quickly slaps hands together* But if you want a question here's one. What one thing is most important to you?

Shadow
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Mon May 24, 2010 7:06 pm

Vance doesn't even give it a thought "Me"
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Tue May 25, 2010 6:13 am

*the woman snorts*
That's what I thought.
Cindy, I would give up on this one. *she stands up and advances on Vance in a very threatening manner* Pompous, self-centered, egotistical, narrow minded, ass is what this man is.
*she stares down at him*
I've seen more men like you than I want to count.

Shadow
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Tue May 25, 2010 11:01 am

Vance got out of his chair, not liking this woman, this short woman looming over him. Now that he was standing, at 5'10 1/2 he was much taller, and felt more in control of the situation.
"I may be what you said, but I'll tell you one thing. I'm Very good at what I do and I don't get pushed around by people like you. In this world you have to have claws that tear and teeth that snap. The meek will not inherit the earth. And to be what I am, and to do what I do you've got to look out for number one. He's the only one you can trust and the only one who matters." He felt like squishing her, but refrained.
Cindy was in her chair looking very nervous. "Vance. Sit. Down" she said with some authority in her voice. She looked at Havoc and smiled sheepishly, but could find nothing to say. Vance remained standing.
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Tue May 25, 2010 12:30 pm

*Rachel made sure here glasses were in place as she looked up*

Big man hunh? Not in control unless you are just that much bigger and badder than anyone else?
Let me tell you
*puts a gentle finger on his chest*
I don't know what you do, don't really care, but always remember there are bigger fish in the pond usually lurking where you least expect. Not all claws are vissible, and even dull teeth can crush.

*turns her back on Vance*

Shadow
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Tue May 25, 2010 3:33 pm

A woman in a flowing ruby dress enters the room majestically. The light glints off her pearlized skin and opalescent hair as she sits next to Havoc. "I haven't missed anything have I?" Turning leisurely to Vance her eyes scan his length, as a cocky smirk slowly appears on her face. "Uh, oh." she drawls "I think somebody might have bitten off more then they can chew."
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Havoc Tue May 25, 2010 3:35 pm

*nods to Cindy and then looks at the characters* Both of you. BEHAVE YOURSELVES. Or else you're gonna meet a friend of mine. You won't like him very much. And you'll be very lucky to get out of it with just a bruised ego and a few tar-related-burns. This is your only warning.

*looks to the new arrival* Ah! Welcome! Very Happy Sorry about the mess here... What's your name?
Havoc
Havoc
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Tue May 25, 2010 5:10 pm

Vance takes a step back, still keeping a steely eye on the woman. Thats all he needed, to loose his temper. He took a deep breath then walked to the other side of the room. Causally glancing at the other female that had come in. He caught Cindy watching him. She looked worried, but also smug. That pissed him off.

"So whats this gonna be? I thought we were trying to find a story to put me in. I'm here for one reason and one reason only. Get me into some freakn' book okay. I'll answer your questions, lets just get this over with alright" He runs his hands through his hair, leaning against the wall.
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Tue May 25, 2010 5:15 pm

*the small woman gives Havoc a brief look from behind the dark shades before she walks to her chair to sit*

Who said anything about a mess? I don't see one...

*she turns her head towards Vance*

Yet.

Shadow
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Thu May 27, 2010 1:08 pm

Vance ignores the jab and slides down the wall to sit on the floor, resting his elbows on his drawn up knees.
Cindy turns to the young woman in the glasses.
"Well I see you've gotten to know my character a little. Sorry about him. Whats you're name, I didn't catch it if you said earlier."
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Thu May 27, 2010 5:09 pm

The woman turned her attention towards Cindy.

"It's Rachel. So why you so insistent on putting HIM in a book?"

Shadow
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum