Rown Oquirrhs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Altaea Saga: The Thousand Halls

+3
Stone
Loxley
Mr D
7 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Altaea Saga: The Thousand Halls - Page 6 Empty Re: Altaea Saga: The Thousand Halls

Post  Loxley Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:48 am

"They're in my Bag of Holding!" Laughing
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Altaea Saga: The Thousand Halls - Page 6 Empty Re: Altaea Saga: The Thousand Halls

Post  Silvanus Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:00 pm

Laughing That was a great call sir.
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:40 pm

Thank you, sir. I couldn't have done it without you. Laughing
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:01 pm

I really wish you could play dnd with us sometime, this our typical tabletalk.
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:02 pm

Haha, one day, perhaps. Wink
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr D Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:25 am

(Killing the dude with throwing knives wasn't one of the options guys. Evil or Very Mad But since it got the majority of votes I shall kow tow.)

Your hand drifts down to the throwing knives beneath your robes and with a quick and fluid motion you flick your wrist, sending the small blade whistling through the air to its mark where it buries itself in the side of the mage's throat. Blood falls from the open wound, drenching his azure robes in a scarlet so deep that it is almost black. He reaches up to the wound before slumping forward, turning to face you as he does so. His face slackens and he regards you with the vacant, glassy expression of a dead man. You feel an inexplicable chill fall upon you and shiver despite yourself.

Will you:

Investigate the plain chest?
Investigate the gilded chest?
Examine the mage's corpse?
Leave immediately?

If you choose to investigate either of the chests you must decide how you wish to open them, Will you:

Force the lock with your dagger at the risk of making a noise?

OR

If you have the skill of Escapology you can try picking the lock at the risk of it taking longer?

Mr D
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:47 am

I would have chosen "Make sure the bastard is dead, and if not, finish the job", if it had been there. As it is not, "Examine the mage's corpse will have to suffice". Razz
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr D Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:24 pm

(I'll remember that next time we kill someone. I'll add a 'put the boot in' choice. Razz)

You edge cautiously towards the mage's body and the ominous circle of alien symbols which surrounds it. Blood from the corpse runs into the scrawled writings like rivers through a valley. You hold your breath and prod him with your foot, gripping your dagger tight enough for your knuckles to whiten. When he does not respond you roll it over with your foot and begin to rifle through his robes. They are ruined by the dark stain of blood and would be useless as a disguise now. A rush of adrenaline courses through your veins as you feel a sense of triumph. You have killed a magus, one who wields the voice of God herself. You have removed one more blight upon this world.

Within the folds of rich blue material you find a waxed parchment scroll which you unravel hastily. The symbols within are similar in appearance to those that cover the floor but you have no way of knowing what they mean. You must decide whether you wish to keep the scroll or discard it. Deciding that there is nothing more for you to find you run your fingers over the man's eyes, uttering a short prayer as you rise. His soul, twisted and perverted by the teachings of his sorcerous cult will find no peace in paradise.

What shall you do:

Investigate the plain chest?
Investigate the gilded chest?
Leave immediately?

If you choose to investigate either of the chests you must decide how you wish to open them, Will you:

Force the lock with your dagger at the risk of making a noise?

OR

If you have the skill of Escapology you can try picking the lock at the risk of it taking longer?

You must also decide whether or not to take the scroll with you.

Mr D
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:11 am

Investigate the plain chest, use escapology to unlock it! Very Happy
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr D Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:33 pm

(Hmm, looks like it might just be you and I reading this, Lox. Razz I'm also guessing, knowing you that you decided to take the scroll.)

You kneel next to the chest and carefully insert the small shaped slivers of metal into the lock, jimmying them bout with care and precision. Occasionally you spare a look over your shoulder out of habit. Before long you feel the lock click quietly into place and the lid springs open slightly. You lift the heavy lid of the chest and peer inside the chest, your breath held in quiet anticipation. You exhale slowly. Inside are a few of the mage's personal belongings. Items of little importance or use to you, including a small pot of ink, a quill and sheafs of paper. A folded blue robe similar to the mage's own sits folded to one side of the box. You must decide which of these items, if any, you wish to take with you.

Will you:

Investigate the Gilded Chest?
Leave Immediately?

Mr D
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:15 pm

I'm sure the others will get back to this in no time. Wink Until then, I say take the blue robes, and then do the same thing with the Gilded chest; unlock it and loot it for valuables. Cool
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:16 pm

I agree with Lox, and sorry, I was out of town for Christmas and without the internet.
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr D Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:45 am

The lock on the gilded chest pops open and you prise the lid open, leaning away for fear that it might contain some sort of trap mechanism. Mages are known for their trickery and cunning. When the lid swings open to reveal two, smaller containers and a parchment scroll you breathe a sigh of relief. Unfurling the parchment you discover instructions describing the construction and operation of a device. From what you can gather each of the smaller chests contain elements and components required in its creation, including a measure of black, sulphurous powder and what appears to your untrained eye appears to be a tinderstone. You must decide whether or not to take either of the components.

Will you:

Return to the campsite?
Tamper with the device?

In either case you must decide whether or not to take the black powder and tinderstone with you.

Mr D
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Who dares, wins! Tamper with the thingie, and bring the gunpowder and tinderstone! Wink
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:43 pm

I say return to the campsite. Lox, we've dared and died, lets stay alive for a couple turns huh? Though I am curious. Oh and do bring the tinderstone and powder.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:09 pm

bring the tinder and powder, don't tamper with the device.
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr D Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:10 am

(Phew, you guys dodged a bullet on that one. Seriously Lox, I thought you of all people would know not to tamper with explosive devices. Razz)

You scoop a small handful of the dark powder into a cloth sack and place the small stone mechanism into your pocket. You spare a final glance back at the mage's corpse before leaving, half expecting to see him rise from his death as one rises from bed. Lifting the flap of oiled hemp that covers the entrance of the tent you hurry past Ain and make for the camp, aware that time is growing scarce.

Finding yourself back at the Sheikh's tent you once more survey the clearing from the shadows. His bodyguards, diligent as ever still patrol in pairs around the edge of his dwelling and two more stand like statues by the entrance.

Will you:

Attempt to steal into the Sheikh's tent anyway?
Attempt to eliminate the guards before they can raise the alarm?
Disguise yourself in the blue robes of the mage and attempt to convince them to allow you to pass?
Attempt to bribe the guards?
Attempt to fool the guards into allowing you entry to the Sheikh's tent?

Furthermore you must decide what to do with Ain. Will you:

Kill her in order to silence her?
Leave her and attempt your next move?
Make a request of her. (If so, what?)

Mr D
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:19 pm

WoW, I missed the whole kill the mage exchange, even though it seems I endorsed it. Well done fellas, Ya I was gone for christmas too. And for the record D, this rocks.

Ok

I say we disguise ourselves and try to get in, as for Ain I say we either request her to do something for us, like be a look out or to get us more info. Or we just leave her, so far she seems relatively trust worthy.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:46 am

Mr D wrote:(Phew, you guys dodged a bullet on that one. Seriously Lox, I thought you of all people would know not to tamper with explosive devices. Razz)

Eeh. A few explosions to the face never killed anyone. Razz

As for today's vote, I say, request the babe to go away and plant the gunpowder and tinderstone and use it to blow up some important tent to draw some attention and cause a stir in the camp. THEN, disguise ourselves in the blue robes and waltz right into the tent. Very Happy
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:18 am

How do you know she's a babe? Why don't I get any eye candy? And I like Loxs' idea, blowing something up at the edge of camp should draw everyone away so we can do our dirty, sinful business.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:07 pm

Girls in these stories are always babes Amber, that's how the world works. Twisted Evil

And I say we request that she plant the device and cause the distraction and then we go attempt to fool the guards and get in while she's doing that.
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:13 pm

Stone wrote:...so we can do our dirty, sinful business.

Hey, it's only dirty and sinful if you enjoy it. Razz
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:23 pm

Loxley wrote:
Stone wrote:...so we can do our dirty, sinful business.

Hey, it's only dirty and sinful if you enjoy it. Razz

Otherwise it's rape.
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:26 pm

I thought we were talking about killing...? What are YOU talking about, Silv, you perv? Shocked
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:36 am

Killing. What did you think I was talking about? o.O
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum