Rown Oquirrhs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Altaea Saga: The Thousand Halls

+3
Stone
Loxley
Mr D
7 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Altaea Saga: The Thousand Halls - Page 2 Empty Re: Altaea Saga: The Thousand Halls

Post  R.K. Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:50 am

I'd say wait until night and find a way in.
R.K.
R.K.
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Altaea Saga: The Thousand Halls - Page 2 Empty Re: Altaea Saga: The Thousand Halls

Post  Stone Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:51 am

Um.. what tie? Silv and I voted Escapology, and R.K. voted Acrobatics. Sounds like two to one if you ask me. Unless you have a vote and voted Acrobatics too. Did you?

That said, I am regretting the Disguise option.. oh well my pick stays.

In any case I say wait until dark too.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:07 pm

I'm voting for pretending to be a messenger.

Also, I would vote for acrobatics in terms of the skills, but seeing as there's not a tie since Amberchan voted escapism, I don't want to throw it off balance (or rather, balance it out). Laughing

(And yes, I'm back! Wink )
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr D Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Sorry, it seems I misinterpreted the end of your last post. Escapology it is then!

New post tonight around whenever I feel like it.

Mr D
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:05 pm

we need a fifth voter now :/ But anyways, we'll just wait for night.
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr D Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:12 am

You lay low until nightfall, observing the comings and goings of the soldiers in the camp until you are confident that you are able to predict their movements. When at last darkness falls you make your move, striking out towards the camp hurriedly. You make it to the edge of the camp with ease and are able to creep between the tents and pavillions without being detected. Evidently the soldiers are more concerned with the seige of the city than with any possibility of an enemy approaching from the desert. You begin seeking out the Sheikh's quarters, stalking silently from shadow to shadow.

Before long you come to a group of tents surrounding a large campfire. Around the fire many soldiers have gathered to share idle conversation over their meals.

Do you wish to:

Eavesdrop on the soldier's conversation? Perhaps you might learn something of value.
Investigate the barracks?
Stealth your way past the campfire and continue searching on your own?

Mr D
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:19 am

Eavesdrop, eavesdrop! An assassin is only as good as his source of information allows! Razz
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  R.K. Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:57 am

OKay, I agree with Lox but I don't think we should listen for too long. We are kind of busy!
R.K.
R.K.
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:30 am

I agree with Jill and Lox. Lets eavesdrop for a bit, and then get on our way. Unless they say something really juicy, then we can stay.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:02 pm

You know the old saying that you never hear good things when you eavesdrop. I don't know the exact wording, thats pretty much the gist. But I also agree that the more information you can get the better. So listen quicky and move on.
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Eavesdrop! A necessary tool for any assassin! And can we please get all the votes in on skills and such Very Happy
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr D Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:21 am

Your keen ears scan the many conversations by the fireside. Among the idle chatter and prideful boasts you catch a snippet of an exchange which piques your interest.

"...Eunuchs, the lot of them."

"That would explain why they make me so nervous. There are some things that should not be tampered with in nature."

"But still, it keeps them reliable. I suppose that's why he keeps them as bodyguards. They don't get tempted like normal men. No urges, no family line to consider. No ambition."

"No soul, you mean." The comment elicits a burst of laughter that drowns out the conversation for a moment.

"But still, six of the bastards seems excessive."

"The Sheikh has many powerful enemies." One of the men speaks in hushed tones as though he fears invoking some curse.

"And many powerful friends if today is to be of any indicator." Another of the men interjects. The men become quietly contemplative.

You decide you have heard enough and turn to leave. However, as you creep away you hear more voices approach from between the tents. Though it is difficult to hear over the ambient noise you estimate that there are two of them.

Will you:

Duck into one of the nearby tents?
Attack the men in the hopes of silencing them before they can raise the alarm?
Attempt to bluff your way out?

Mr D
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:26 am

There's been too much hiding already. But fighting isn't the way of an assassin. So, I say, attempt to bluff our way out! Surprised
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  R.K. Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:41 am

I agree, playing safe is good but its time for a risk.
R.K.
R.K.
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:06 am

I agree with Lox and Jillie. Though I'm a little anxious we're gunna get nabbed.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:16 pm

I think we should duck! I'm sure we could lie our way out, but still someone has seen you. And they may believe you so they'll invite you along with them, and sense you can't go with them, dodging them will make them suspicious. As Bret Maverick would say(Mel Gibson not James Garner) "Run away today, to live to run another day!"

Call me coward I don't care
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:21 pm

Coward!!! Mad

Nah. Kidding. Razz My vote still stands, though. Surprised
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvanus Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:06 pm

Bluff and Lie. Bluff and Lie!
Silvanus
Silvanus
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr D Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:02 pm

Sorry about the slow updates recently. I've been in Las Vegas over the past couple of days and I... well I don't know what the hell. I'll get on things as soon as I've collected myself.

And in related news it seems common sense has taken a backseat in the CYOA too, since we've elected to try and talk our way out of things. Razz Will this decision lead to our first bullshit insta-death? You'll just have to wait and see! I bet you're on the edge of your seats.

Mr D
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr D Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:59 am

As the voices grow louder you make your way towards them confidently and as the men lay eyes on you their surprise is obvious. They look you up and down, clearly not expecting someone not in uniform to be wandering around so brazenly and it takes them a moment to grasp their weapons, seizing the hilts of the large Saif's at their waists.

"Halt!" One of them cries loudly and you wince, knowing that the other soldiers will have likely heard the shout. "State your business!" He demands boldly. and he looks at you skeptically when you explain that you are a messenger. "Who sent you and who is your message for?" He asks, not bothering to hide the accusatory tone in his voice.

Who will you say sent you?

The Sultan of Sarife?
The rebel leader?
Hassan Abass?
The Captain of the raiders?
The General of the army?
Or will you concoct a fake name?

And for whom is the message addressed?

Sheikh Maalouf himself?
The Captain of the raiders?
The General of the army?
Or will you concoct a fake name?

or will you rop the charade and attack?

(Haha, no instadeath for you. At least not yet anyway. Hmm, a complex decision, and likely to cause a tie. Let's see what you guys come up with. Smile )

Mr D
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  Loxley Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:27 am

Attacking is no good since the other soldiers are likely to have heard the shout. But idiot grunts like these are not known for their ability to think for themselves, but rather, for their ability to follow orders - and respect rank. Wink I say, the Captain of the Raiders sent us, and we are there to speak to the General of the Army. Cool

Edit: Notice switch on the two. Razz

Last edited by Loxley on Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Loxley
Loxley
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:37 am

I'm not even going to ask what you are doing in Vegas. Say hi to Fifthwind!! This is going to take some time. HEY! No insta-deaths! Thats mean.
Stone
Stone
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  CindySue Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Told you guys we should have hid! But no one listens to little old me... Oh well, what can you do about it now. I agree with Lox that soldiers take orders, so if we're on business form top guys, they'll be curious and skeptical but won't ask to many questions if we're believeable. But we have to be believeable. I'm not sure who we should be carring a message for, and who from...let me think and get back to you
CindySue
CindySue
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr D Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:30 am

You explain to the men that you are on an important assignment from the Captain of the Raiders to deliver a message to the General. You speak calmly but hurreidly, suggesting a sense of urgency to your errand. The first soldier, evidently the brighter of the two, speaks again.

"Where is your uniform?" You notice his knuckles whiten as he grips his sword tighter. Thinking quickly you explain that you have just returned from spying on the rebels and have not yet changed back into your uniform. The two men nod, seemingly happy with your answer and you ask for directions to the General's tent. They gesture off into the distance and you thank them before turning away.

After rounding a corner you allow yourself to relax and return to stalking the encampment for your quarry. However, despite that you still have no clue as to where Maalouf is.

Will you:

Head South in the direction of the General's tent?
Head East, deeper into the camp?

Mr D
Friendly Neighbor

Back to top Go down

Post  R.K. Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:00 am

I vote head in the direction of the tent. The soldiers gave you the location so I would definitely use it.
R.K.
R.K.
Valued Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum